• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm planted with pics

Mark, I agree, its a fantastic hardscape. You have used that rock to great advantage. Im watching this one in awe !

Remind me, did you make the cabinet or is it a standard manufacture ?

Hi Mark,

Great to see you back in the game.... and yet again a great, spotless scape to get us all excited about!

Ben

That's a stunning tank. I love the moss layout around the foreground of the stones.

What tones are those btw? I would love some to add to my current tank I am "scaping"

pugoff said:
What tones are those btw? I would love some to add to my current tank I am "scaping"

It's mini landscape rock which is availbe @ Aquaessentials.

B7fec said:
Great to see you back in the game....

Good to be back mate.

Antipofish said:
Remind me, did you make the cabinet or is it a standard manufacture ?

try and contact Ed...piece of fish. He may get one made for you, but you'll need to ask him.

ianho said:
ps Dan (Marks child) is 6f 8" tall <<<true story

:lol:

Ady34 said:
.and do you keep your ferts on the radiator permanently, ive seen it a few times in your photos, or is it just coincidence? If not is there a reason for it?

It's just coincidence mate, no magical heat reaction or anything like that. :D

Gill said:
Breathtaking Mark, and showing some considerable restraint with the planting. To not overwhelm the imposing hardscape.

Thanks gill.

I'll start adding shrimp and ottos over the next few days.

The water this morning, is pristine, just begging for a shoal of fish. :D

Hey Mark,

What sort of mosses have you used there? Weeping on the bottom.... but mid dark green one and light green top? Great clarity on the shot.

B7fec said:
What sort of mosses have you used there? Weeping on the bottom.... but mid dark green one and light green top? Great clarity on the shot.

weeping at the bottom, java in amongst the crack....hopefully will creep a bit, and Christmas at the top...to soften the look. The Christmas will turn dark green of course. :D

I've added it in that one place, so it looks like the stone has 'split' over time.

The additional 2 mosses are 1-2 grow! simply clean off the growing media and place where needed.

pariahrob said:
Those 1-2Grow mosses are awesome. I just used them for the first time. I'm a convert.

They are indeed. And compared to the standard cups, you get much more.

I've stopped adding things! :woot: You gotta know when to stop!

This is fully planted, with ADA NAGgreen lamps beaming down. A brilliant bulb for greens, and my plants especially like to grow under them. Not so great for images.

So as you see it's done. The right side hill, if you notice, reflects in the right side glass....a great way of extending your tank without actually doing so. The mind is left to believe it's bigger than it actually is. Wide angle lens will increase the deceptive perspective.

Same with the left. You can see the plants only in the reflection :geek:

There are a few more stems in the back, but they need to pop over the top.

I've also added 4 shrimp which have settled in instantly.

I shall leave you all in peace now :angelic:

7667382952_729526c3f7_b.jpg
fully-planted by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Wow, that full tank shot looks so cool. An epic in the making mate. So looking forward to seeing this in a few months.

You've truly come back bigger than ever. :D I think this is your best work so far Mark. Congratulations.

HarryRobinson said:
Could you share a few photography tips with us Mark? I've managed to borrow an SLR for a while and im wanting to take some good shots of my tank That last picture you posted looks quality mate!

I've often wondered how to give tips with photography. I'm currently trying to come up with tips etc. I'll try and get something posted :thumbup:

Markmark said:
Wow, that full tank shot looks so cool. An epic in the making mate. So looking forward to seeing this in a few months.

Cheers. I'm excited about what this holds.

faizal said:
You've truly come back bigger than ever. I think this is your best work so far Mark. Congratulations.

Thanks mate. It's been a tricky month or 2, and now i'm up for most things. More inspired.

I've added about 80/90 shrimp...cherries and Amano's. A few ottos too. Catching cherries is a nightmare. There's still e few hundred in the 90 which I'll tackle on a daily basis.

Hey mark, good to see you scaping again, another lovely layout, contender for my new Evans favourite mate.

Could you refresh us with your set up? co2, filters etc.. are you still using loads of purigen?
Your water makes me angry, was pretty chuffed with the clarity of mine until you started posting again :lol:

easerthegeezer said:
Your water makes me angry, was pretty chuffed with the clarity of mine until you started posting again :lol:

:lol:

easerthegeezer said:
Could you refresh us with your set up? co2, filters etc.. are you still using loads of purigen?

Yeah,.Mark I'd like to agree with Iain. We could learn a lot this way. Maybe someday when I turn 50 (that's 10 yrs from now,.. :shifty: ) I could spin out a tank like yours. So yes,..any information on

1) Light / PAR values
2) Filtration like positioning of your lily pipes
3) co2 methods ( inline UP aqua??) etc

would really mean a lot to most of the beginners like us :oops:

Mark, this is for later.....but you might try emulating the flow of the water by using the wood to drape over the rocks, much like a creeping root.

This effect is very nice and natural feeling.
The tree root buried by rock also works well(here), or the use of a thicker set of branches arching out farther with more horizontal(or lower lying angles of projection).

These 2 approaches using what you have can radically change the feel.

Back