• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheap FE setup

Palm Tree

Ok so for the last month or so i've wanted to setup a high tech tank with ei ferts and co2 but I dont want to spend loads on the co2 rig so obviously I wanted to go with an FE rig. Well then I went to dolittles to get some dog food and saw them selling fluval flora's and ebi's for £50 so needless to say I came home with a fluval flora. It came with the 20g co2 kit but as tidy as it looked I hated the diffuser and how expensive the replacement cartriges are and they dont last long so I swapped it on swap and shop for £10 worth of anubias (which wasnt as much as was in the picture but oh well). Today I went to a car boot and came back with a freshly filled 2kg co2 FE for £5 so I basically want a regulator for a 2kg FE for my ebi for as cheap as possible.
Any ideas?
Also any ideas on how could I run 2 tanks of 1 FE setup ?

you can get cheap regs on ebay. you will need a DIN compatible thread size. not sure i would trust most of the cheap regulators you find on ebay.... maybe someone here can recommend one.

Ebay item number 180358932765

You will need a needle valve also 250786299838

Also a couple of NRV 251038392048

I have a complete shopping list for a 2kg FE DIY Co2 that comes in just under £100 if you want it, all items recommended to me and on Ebay.

And for running two tanks that are the same size just put a T in the air tube, if they are different sized tanks get a clamp of something to regulate the Co2 getting to the smaller tank.

Danny said:
Ebay item number 180358932765

You will need a needle valve also 250786299838

Also a couple of NRV 251038392048

I have a complete shopping list for a 2kg FE DIY Co2 that comes in just under £100 if you want it, all items recommended to me and on Ebay.

And for running two tanks that are the same size just put a T in the air tube, if they are different sized tanks get a clamp of something to regulate the Co2 getting to the smaller tank.
This is what I needed, at the moment I dont want to spend £60 on a reg and I was looking at how cheap I could get one.
So would that reg fit a 2kg FE? has anyone used one before?
Im gonna have another look but I'll hopefully end up with 2kg co2 FE rig with all the accesories for under £50

Do you have any details on how you got an FE setup for under £50.

Thanks
Adam

I got a 2kg FE off the car boot for £5, you can get a reg of swap and shop on here for £30 and then that gives you £15 to spend on co2 tubing, diffuser, check valve, drop checker and solution which is just about possible

Thanks,

I need more post before i can look at the shop on here, but when I’m will have a look when i have enough and defiantly be going car boot more often.

Adam

ddam19 said:
Thanks,

I need more post before i can look at the shop on here, but when I’m will have a look when i have enough and defiantly be going car boot more often.

Adam
Someone on the swap and shop is selling one for £10 + postage so when you get your post count up to 25 have a look

That's amazing, I must say the main reason I'm looking at low tech is because I can't afford much at the moment but if a system could be done for £40 I might look into it more as it seems better for the plants and cheaper in the long run.

May even be cheaper than that, will be able to tell in a couple of days. Another cheap alternative is using diluted glutaraldehyde as a substitute for excel or easy carbo

Back