• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lighting and heating question?

jack-rythm

I have a 45x30x30cm glass tank no hood and I want a decent light uni for it. I dont want a hanging light and I preferably want a boyu light as this is what I have for my 3ft tank and consistency is key in this game as you all know...

does anyone have any advice? something like the arc I just find to bulky.. I want something sharp and rectangular? any advice?

Also my second question is how do you people manage to get an external heater for such a small nano tank?? do you have a hydor 200w heater on a time for example? how do you get past this issue? I dont want to boil my water so to speak lol

Jack

Hey jack,

I don't know what budget you have in mind but would you consider GroBeam LED's? I have an 1000ND Tile over mine and I absolutely love it.

They come with a controller that you can dim down to whatever light you want & can turn itself on/ off with a gradual dimmer.

They can be mounted on the side of the tank with two hangers and some MMS rail. Which I think is a little ugly, but absolutely rock solid. Stopping £250+ worth of lighting going in the drink, so to speak!

On external heaters, I have one on
My Mini M, which is a whopping 19ltrs :lol:

You just preset the temp and it maintains that, my heater just turns on and back off quite quickly. So its definitely fine tuned enough to run your tank!

Cheers,

what is the brand of your external heater? this sounds ideal! as for the light unit ill check out the price
and see what i can afford. im willing to spend up to 50 quid depending on quality :)

tnx!

Oh well a set of Grobeams may be a little out of reach at £150 a pair. Maybe ebay will sort you out?

The external heater is a Hydor, I believe its the only one currently available of any quality, other than Thermo filters of course. If you buy one, make sure you get the correct pipe size ;)

Back