• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm planted with pics

Strangely enough Tom, i did try this. It was the first thing i did when adding the wood. I opted out because i didnt have the right piece of wood to pull it off.

faizal said:
Yeah,.Mark I'd like to agree with Iain. We could learn a lot this way. Maybe someday when I turn 50 (that's 10 yrs from now,.. ) I could spin out a tank like yours. So yes,..any information on

1) Light / PAR values
2) Filtration like positioning of your lily pipes
3) co2 methods ( inline UP aqua??) etc

I'll do a run down later today. :thumbup:

easerthegeezer said:
Hey mark, good to see you scaping again, another lovely layout, contender for my new Evans favourite mate.

Thanks mate. I do like looking at this one more than my previous ones. :)

HarryRobinson said:
1080P looks awesome mate! Do you de-chlorinate your water right after you've added the water from the hose?

Cheers bud. I add declor whilst adding the water. A hose pipe straight in is the easiest way to go for me.

After 5 days, the moss that was initially yellow/green, is now turning the normal 'underwater' green.

The stems, starogyene, Ammania bonsai etc, are doing good. Even the one's planted in just gravel.

The shrimp decided to uproot some HC, which I'll put back @ next water change.

You can just see the stems starting to show here...

7702586856_ee5649232e_b.jpg
5-days by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm planted with pics @ 5 days

Mark, I have to agree with you, I enjoy looking at this more than your previous ones. Which is saying something, as I have loved them too !! As the planting grows out in this the whole scape is taking on a greater appearance of grandeur and scale, and I love the large area of foreground too. I notice that your diffusor is quite high up.. do you lose a lot of CO2 this way and compensate by having a higher injection rate ?

Antipofish said:
I notice that your diffusor is quite high up.. do you lose a lot of CO2 this way and compensate by having a higher injection rate ?

Ignore that Chris. I put that diffuser there to keep safe. It's not in use. My co2 is injected via an in-line diffuser. I did initially have an up diffuser, but I've just swapped it for a boyou variety.

Looks great Mark, I love the height of your rockscape. Definitely cant wait to see this grown in

OllieNZ said:
Looks great Mark, I love the height of your rockscape. Definitely cant wait to see this grown in

Cheers olie.

This shows the missing HC. :twisted:

You can make out the stem growth in the same are. Also, there's a very rare echinodorus sp. which is sending out new leaves.

7703464730_edeacf141f_b.jpg
side by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Here's showing the stems bursting into life...

7704610246_631b503d15_b.jpg
plants by saintly's pics, on Flickr

and what fish to choose for this....I was looking at rainbows with Ianh the other day. Nice blue dwarf ones. Not sure of the real name.

7704611428_73103233ea_b.jpg
left by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Melanotaenia praecox, Dwarf noen? If they were Melanotaenia lacustris then they are anthing but dwarf. Melanotaenia pygmaea would be awsome if you can find them

Hey Mark

I have been off reservation for a while, but i am back now!

Good to see your still making this aquascpaing hobby look easy! Surely this is going to be another stunner. What i am really enjoying about your journals/scapes is the attention to detail in your scapes. I know i am far from experienced but it would seem to me in the last few years your scapes have just got better and better with more intricacy and detail, Keep up the good work mate!

Cheers

Andyh
p.s was that my old 90cm i saw lurking on the tropica website?

andyh said:
p.s was that my old 90cm i saw lurking on the tropica website?

Cheers Andy. Nice to see you back too.

It was mate...It's in the catalogue to.

7260925380_23f390132b_b.jpg
gu3 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Thanks guys for the info on fish. I'm going to see what fish it was that i saw. :thumbup:

Cheers Mark, i've been away for a while - business keeps me busy, but i had to log in again after i've seen this beauty on your flickr page :D

Congratulations my friend. Very good start and will be cool when it's grow in. Hope you do not mind if i say that, but this is your strongest tank from the past few ones for sure.

The photo qual is again shocking :D

One thing if i can add a quick comment. I also can't use it, but if the stone textures would be similar or would point to similar directions would look more natural. I know it's extreme hard, i also can't do that even with the hundreds of kg stones we have. But more attentions to the stone color/texture selection may would work for us.

Still this tank is my fav now. Keep the updates coming my friend :thumbup:

great pics again mate, tis coming on really well!

easerthegeezer said:
Dwarf rainbows would look great but arent they notorious jumpers?

Ive had three (MFF) in my tank ever since I started it and they are still there. :thumbup:

Mark.. wish I had a tank that size (and I may even be getting one soon hehe) I would love a group of the Dwarf Neon rainbows.. say about 11, and then a smaller handful, maybe 5, of Boesmani rainbows or the Parva, which are lovely but stay smaller than the Boesmani but bigger than the DNRs. (the Parva are called Melanotaenia Parva and is the redder one of the two featured in this video...)

Thanks guys.

Hi Viktor. I know what you mean. I have a big selection, but not enough to be 100%

That said, I've looked at the layout, and it does seem to work. Rather than 1 big stone split, it has appearance of naturally scattered stones. Nature isn't always perfect.

Chris, thanks for the vid.

I've taken a snap from the side. The rotala you see is from the 90cm.

1-2 grow plants are just divine, and out preform the potted brother on so many levels.

7709262096_d9c5418cce_b.jpg
side2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

It looks really nice that mate, it's going to be a cracker as it matures! What sort of stones did you use that you tied the moss on?

Gary Nelson said:
What sort of stones did you use that you tied the moss on?

It's slate mate. I cut them myself. Being a roofer, i'm able to get my own slate and cut using slate cutters. They are identical, if not better (slightly thinner) than ADA stones (i've compared)....and they cost me...nothing. I can cut them to what ever shape or size. :D

I thought i'd try the old blue background.

7712117356_6fd7a59c11_b.jpg
blue-3 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

7712113942_4f21999434_b.jpg
bluie-1 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

7712115504_d30f0eef0e_b.jpg
blue-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Love your tank and your photography makes my drool lol I may of missed it in the thread but how do you keep the water so clear?

Danny said:
I may of missed it in the thread but how do you keep the water so clear?

Cheers Danny. To be honest, i'm not really sure whats going off with water clarity in this tank. When i stripped this down about 4 months ago, i just emptied the filters of water and left them standing. Didnt rinse or clean them.

Now i've resatrted the tank, i just let the self prime and swithched them on. I cant remember whats in them. slap happy or what! :oops:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm planted... a bit of blue!

Are you putting on any extra lights over the tank when you take the pics? It has to be in the top 5 of all clear tanks I have ever seen lol There is only so clear a tank can be and you have certainly hit that level!! I can only hope mine will be similar :)

Back