• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Asian spirit

I've yet to see a scape I dislike of yours, Viktor. I'm super jealous.

If the stones are pushing the hardness level too much it means that they are suitable only for non CO2 tank. The reaction with the stones will stop once the PH have reached 7 and the water have become neutral. In most cases CO2 will affect stones in aquatic enviornment only at PH below 7.
You could try to stabilize as much as you can the PH at about 6.8, just slightly acidic. plants will be fine and the stones will give you little trouble.

As a general rule stones that can react with CO2 are not good for acidic set up.

I agree with Garuf... Great scaping and yet to see anything I dislike.... This scape was one of my favs, very natural looking, and loving the composition. I'm going to try something similar in my next scape with inspiration coming from yours for sure.

easerthegeezer said:
Garuf said:
I've yet to see a scape I dislike of yours, Viktor.

:thumbup:

Loved the IAPLC version and this looks ace too. Will you be keeping the Swabwa or something different now?

Thanks guys :D

My first thought was to keep them for the next 6 months, but they are not working very well here. Not like in the earlier version of the tank. So i am thinking on to replace them to something else. Like 100 Paracheirodon simulans or something in the same size. Would love to see a larger group of them flying over the hills. If the fishes are too big the effect is not the same. So try to keep a smaller fish than Sawbwa now.

If you guys have any tips let me know :D

Aquadream said:
If the stones are pushing the hardness level too much it means that they are suitable only for non CO2 tank. The reaction with the stones will stop once the PH have reached 7 and the water have become neutral. In most cases CO2 will affect stones in aquatic enviornment only at PH below 7.
You could try to stabilize as much as you can the PH at about 6.8, just slightly acidic. plants will be fine and the stones will give you little trouble.

As a general rule stones that can react with CO2 are not good for acidic set up.

Yup that's right. However we had a luck before with this one

6154957348_2ff722c4b2_z.jpg

As far as i remember this tank has much colder water and probably more frequent water change at the beginning. This tank had 21 celsius water temp and at the beginning we changed water daily later bi-weekly til the carpet completed. From that point only weekly.

This also had much more Seiryu in it. But i remember we had hard time to grow HC here. Taken much longer

077.jpg

So it may will work but makes it much more harder and slower. We currently grow HC in some of our tanks and i am jellous to that carpet quality. This was the reason why i tried to find a solution to keep the water more stable.

Thanks guys for your feedback. Maybe i am just impatient with the tank. It is just 5 weeks old now. But if the quality will be the same in the next month then it's not a good sign :D

Well by the way as the Voting round completed i think i can share it

117.jpg

Was nice to keep, nice to grow, but the stones made my life much harder. However the final shot was done around 5 month of the tank age. This was a massive maintenance required tank so with a little baby i had to give it up. The new form require much less maintenance and looks the same for month. But i loved the final form with the little Rotala Indica in the middle. :D

Hi Viktor,
love that shot of the previous scape....i think i actually prefer it with the fuller stems to the iaplc shot ....sorry :oops:
Im not knowledgeable on the ins and outs of ro units and they may need high pressure or something to work so forgive me if this sounds obviously ridiculous, but could you not run an ro unit inline permanently or overnight on the tank water itself via a seperate filter/pump and glassware. This way you'd be constantly softening the water and removing the mineral content from the rocks...it may take some tweaking but may be an option. You may have to increase ferts etc that get removed.
Dont know if anyone has done this before?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Cheers Andy,

yeah the IAPLC version was built for a contest tank really. however keeping the tank in that shape with a little baby is not doable especially as i do maintenance a couple others too in GA. :) The current form will not be a rockstar, but something which nice to look at for the next 6 months and no need to worry about stems. Maybe will do another fast growing scape to the IAPLC 2013 :)

On the RO. My RO unit pushing 1L/hr has booster pump too. That's why i can refill the tank within 2 hrs at water changes. :) This also means that if i run it on a longer time i will produce a tons of waste water.

But you're right, maybe connecting this to some auto water changer and having a water change on the fly whenever i need would be a solution. So 2-3 water change a week. I may will end up doing this, but hoped to have something easier.

Cheers guys :thumbup: Thank you for your feedback.

The tank passed the 7weeks in it's lifetime. Things getting better now. I need to trim the plants, but wanted to do a capture before that.

Elatine Hydropiper melted in the past weeks, but all others are fine now.

7816521532_33f63604e4_c.jpg
Reborn - update - 7wks by viktorlantos, on Flickr

The shot without strobe at this time, so a bit darker sorry about that ;)

This is a low maintenance beauty for me especially with an 8 month old baby i do not have to spend all day with the tank. ;)

7766304934_245de539bf_c.jpg
Lili in her Director seat :) by viktorlantos, on Flickr

cheers :thumbup:

Well after the IAPLC party yesterday i can share the contest shot. The Asian Spirit ranked #67 on the contest.

8127472250_c82a228591_c.jpg
IAPLC 2012 entries Rank #67 by viktorlantos, on Flickr

3 of our others tank ranked 111, 155, 404. The last one was added only to have more professionally photographed scape on the contest. :D

:clap:
Congrats Viktor, another great scape.

Back