• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaf edges going black

John Starkey

High all,just recently i have noticed some of the leaf edges are going black is this due to some deficiency in nutrients,the plants in question are some of the more easier ones to grow ie hygrophila difformis the leafs are nice and green which suggests to me that the nutrient levels are ok, any advice will be appreciated regards john.

Hi John,
I'm not really sure. It doesn't sound like a macro deficiency but it could be micros. Got any pictures? Does it happen on old leaves or young? Are the edges deteriorating or just a color change?

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
Hi John,
I'm not really sure. It doesn't sound like a macro deficiency but it could be micros. Got any pictures? Does it happen on old leaves or young? Are the edges deteriorating or just a color change?

Cheers,
Hi Ceg, thinking about it i havent altered my feeding patern but reading Matts reply made me think it may be an algae thing because i have started feeding my fish twice a day recently and this could be the reason,i will revert back to feeding every other day and see if that makes any difference,thanks guys regards john.

Back