• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Zebra otto

The Otto's in my LFS in London are £17 each and last time I saw them they didn't look too healthy because there wild caught so I thought I would give them a miss. Hopefully next time I see them they will be better, even so 17 each is a lot. Will question them on there pricing I think.

Do you know if yours are wild caught or not Whitey? They look incredible and so healthy. You say that they eat up more algae than normal ones as well, great! They are quite new to being kept in aquariums/planted tanks so thats why they can sometimes be sensitive.

Could you tell me what your rough water parameters are in your 'Ryuoh Ravine' tank please?

Emyr said:
The Otto's in my LFS in London are £17 each and last time I saw them they didn't look too healthy because there wild caught so I thought I would give them a miss. Hopefully next time I see them they will be better, even so 17 each is a lot. Will question them on there pricing I think.

Do you know if yours are wild caught or not Whitey? They look incredible and so healthy. You say that they eat up more algae than normal ones as well, great! They are quite new to being kept in aquariums/planted tanks so thats why they can sometimes be sensitive.

Could you tell me what your rough water parameters are in your 'Ryuoh Ravine' tank please?

Hey mate,
unfortunately, I don't know if they are wild caught or captive bred. Are they even bred in captivity?
well, I first had them in my 20ltr ADA mini M when I first bought them, and they did fantastic.
I believe the secret lies in a mature isn tank, where algae build up is present proving them with the food they require.

My parameters are straight out the tap, The only thing I measure is the TDS as I don't possess a PH pen yet!
My TDS is 250 ish, I have really been pushed away from testing water parameters by Clives constant niggling, which i suppose is a good thing. I am unsure as to wether the GH/KH tests are more accurate, and will give them a go tonight.
I also want to get a PH pen by HM soon too, but funds don't permit as of yet.

Mine are still doing great by the way, will have to get a photo soon!
Cheers,

Back