• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90 cm " Back in the game "

Ok so here is my new Blue graduated to white background.... some pics of making it......

Printing it:
photobG.jpg

Laminating it, so it wears better and is water resisitant:
bG3.jpg

Finished and cut to match my tank dimesions:
photobG1.jpg

More pics to follow with it on my tank.

That looks better than most you get in shops and design your own. :)

Would be tempted to have a different one every week.

Adam

ddam19 said:
That looks better than most you get in shops and design your own. :)

Would be tempted to have a different one every week.

Adam

pdev said:
Looking forward to getting my hands on one

Westyggx said:
Looks sweet, you fancy makin me one for a cost? :D

Thanks, if anyone's interested in a bespoke background, PM me and I'll sort a UKAPS price out.... Cheers

Nice mate. And cheaper than buying them.

If i may, and you may already know this, but print them on matte paper. Gloss will give reflections from the light source.

Also, if you plan on using wide angle lenses, print them much bigger than the tank is. :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
Nice mate. And cheaper than buying them.

If i may, and you may already know this, but print them on matte paper. Gloss will give reflections from the light source.

Also, if you plan on using wide angle lenses, print them much bigger than the tank is. :thumbup:

Cheers Mark, next one I do I'll put a matt laminate over instead of gloss..... I'll also over size it compared to the tank. Will post up the results..... :thumbup:

Whitey89 said:
Looks great, I would be interested in one for my sig tank.
Will sort it out once you work it all out :)

Hi Nat, no worries once I see how the matt background works along with oversizing you can have a look then.

darren636 said:
that looks very nice.

Cheers Darren.

Haven't updated this in a while so here goes. I've had to battle some BBA on the Manzanita all my own doing due to a busy few months at work, it only took me 2 weeks to nearly eradicate it all...(well 1 or 2 small patches still to get rid of but only on the wood), with regular W/C and sticking to ferts dosing etc etc it cleared well. Along the back of the tank I took out the Vallis Nana as I got board of it and decided in stead of re-scaping to simply change some plants. So out want the Vallis Nana and in went Pogostemon Stellata (Eusteralis), Pogostemon erectus, Rotala wallichii (from my other setup). On the left of the scape was a neat, thick carpet of HC but..... it started to lift and in the end I came home to it all floating! :( So again a little trim of existing tank plants to fill in the gaps. I have found with this scape more than any others I've done just keeps evolving.... different plants going in..... changing the overall look of the scape, tomorrow sees me get some Microsorum pteropus 'Trident', Bolbitis heudelotii and some rare plants from UKAPS member Alan :) I'll replace the middle part of the scape i.e. the Microsorum pteropus 'Narrow' with the Trident and Bolbitis again just for a change....along with using some of the rare plants on the left replacing the Riccia. So here's the pics:

FTS:
IMG_0801-Edit_zps8c81e641.jpg

IMG_0823-Edit_zps6d87b1fc.jpg

IMG_0805-Edit_zpsd6f348bb.jpg

IMG_0820-Edit_zps850f753a.jpg

All comments welcome..... thanks Ben

Hey Ben,
This is looking exceptional, the plants look in really good condition.

Is it dwarf ricca with the fissidens? What a nice texture it gives. Pogostemon helferi is hard to get looking this nice!

Great effort.

Hi Nat,
Cheers buddy, the plants have been heavily trimmed in the photo's above but yes all are nice and healthy. As for the Riccia, it's actually the dark green sinking varitity (not sure if thats dwarf or not) and I have purposely mixed it with HC then Fissidens to try and create a more natural look. I realised looking back at some of my scapes that everything was in groups and very uniformed, so am now experimenting with mixing the plants that seem to sit well together to be more natural. The Pogostemon Helferi is again sort of randomly placed for a natural look, mostly in small groups.

Back