• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IM BACK- Nature's River by Harry Robinson

Re: Nature's River By Harry Robinson

Ooer indeed chris ahaha, yeah i'll sure have a look into getting some sand, i'll probably get some when im at the lfs in a few weeks to get some cherries :)

Emyr, The lights where setup like this so that i don't get beams in the tank from the LED rays :) Now im looking at it, i'm sure ive not seen anyone have a light setup like this before!

Thanks Ian, I agree :thumbup:

That insitu shot is sweet looking and the light setup is definitley unique :D

Just a tip Harry... you can soak up any surface cum pre photo by using some kitchen towel ;)

Antipofish said:
Just a tip Harry... you can soak up any surface cum pre photo by using some kitchen towel ;)

I hope you meant scum lol

Westyggx said:
Antipofish said:

I hope you meant scum lol

Oops, yes :oops: :lol: Mind you, people did ask me what a "protein skimmer" was for on my Marine setup 8) But lets not continue this :woot:

ianho said:
HarryRobinson said:

^^^love this PIC Harry, really well done mate, it's coming on nicely.

Harry I have to completely agree with Ian here. Thats an excellent pic. I love the planting tools on the table for extra scale.

Thanks guys, i would use a kitchen towel however with the wood sticking out the water :lol: its quite difficult not to move the wood which would uproot my plants, trust me it happened a few days ago :twisted:

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
REMOVE.

Pond Snail - HORNY PLANT EATER :lol:

Kris is right .. I used to have some in my tank (I let them stay as I liked their pearlescent shells). I added about 30 assassin snails recently and am already noticing an improvement from not having the pond snails.

Bear in mind if you encounter a proliferation in any snail population (and by that i do mean proliferation not just a few extra every now and again) then it can indicate over feeding when you have fish in there :)

Ramshorns are harmless however, and look great (sadly my assassins got mine too so now I just have the assassins in the tank).

pariahrob said:
Yank it out Harry. Just pull them out as you see them. They can eat plants, although mine didn't seem to much. Once you have them they are hard to get rid of but really not too much of a problem.

Lol not if you chuck some Assassins in Rob ! Mine disappeared practically overnight :)

They look horrible and take over, I tried squishing them for a few months and they do not go, so got 5 assassins and they were gone in days. Assassins are amazing, if they are fed well their coloration can be really beautiful with the yellow and black strips becoming very clear and bold.

Emyr said:
They look horrible and take over, I tried squishing them for a few months and they do not go, so got 5 assassins and they were gone in days. Assassins are amazing, if they are fed well their coloration can be really beautiful with the yellow and black strips becoming very clear and bold.

Do you recommend anything in particular to feed them Emyr ? I have about 30 (apparently as i rarely see them) in my tank.

Above comments are right. Assassins are the way forward.

I see maybe one or two a week in my 30L, I squish them and let them sink.

The shrimp LOVE them :D

Back