• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IM BACK- Nature's River by Harry Robinson

Re: Nature's River By Harry Robinson

Okay i got my plants today, yet again thanks to TGM for superfast delivery of my 1-2 grow ;) Also i must say again that the quality from 1-2 grow is immense, look how many stems of staurogyne i got from this one pot!
7748076568_70742accc3.jpg
stems by Harry.R, on Flickr
I got this and also some Eleocharis 'Mini'.
I'll post a pic up soon of the tank cleared up :D

Wow that's a nice amount! Defo going to be getting that for my low tech 2ft. I have it growing emersed at the min in the window sill. If I don't get enough ill buy some 1-2 grow.

Ok guys so i'll get a picture up asap, just really busy at the moment :oops: Got a question for ya. Im not seeing no way near enough growth from my pogostemon, could i possibly increase my 0.5ml dosage of tpn+ to 1ml? Im dosing 1.5ml of Easy carbo daily ;)

Harry, people are often weary of upping their dosing, they then double it and see great results. You could definitely up your dosing and I would recommend that you do, The trick is trying to find that 'sweet-spot' in your tank and what your plants require. So start by doubling it to 1ml and go from there, you may need to increase it again. With quite a good plant mass and HC in there (requires a lot of co2) I would also increase your dosing of liquid carbon to 2ml and see how that goes. Experiment and see how your tank reacts, it takes time.

Ok so i haven't been uploading photos for a while because ive been waiting for a little present, A tripod! All the photos below are unedited and taken with a tripod on a 2sec timer :D I'll upload a 'proper' fts soon after a water change and some trimming :)

*Click to enlarge images

7781342736_8f7c41d887.jpg
P8145176 by Harry.R, on Flickr

7781341550_d0d804a381.jpg
P8145177 by Harry.R, on Flickr

7781340072_d8e198aa10.jpg
P8145178 by Harry.R, on Flickr

7781338572_daaaabb6b6.jpg
P8145179 by Harry.R, on Flickr

7781336480_846da13b34.jpg
P8145180 by Harry.R, on Flickr

7781334968_79e853952f.jpg
P8145181 by Harry.R, on Flickr

7781332790_c4bd73a7ea.jpg
P8145182 by Harry.R, on Flickr

looking good. So give me those tubs of moss!

its ok dude. Got a house move to do before i even think of getting more plants :(

Okay so here's the tank in its current state, i had a few melts with the staurogyne so that patch has been removed and replaced with a riccia stone on the left ;) Not much else folks, enjoy!

7784095710_bb6d541714.jpg
NR 14-08-12 by Harry.R, on Flickr

And here's a comparison showing growth in 1 week, first pic being a week ago
7733181086_0698ecb5b4.jpg
NR black background by Harry.R, on Flickr
7784096374_4d37aeb19a.jpg
NR FTS 14-08-12 by Harry.R, on Flickr

Re: Nature's River By Harry Robinson (Update Pics)

Had a few leaves fall off the crypt in the past few days, they looked to of melted on the stems and detached themselves from the main plant. I reckon this is because of them being emergent leaves before and them making way for the new growth, am i right?

you quite often get crypt melt harry so i would not worry too much, they usually come back. it would be unusual for crypts to have been emersed unless you know them to have been, but the melt is often encountered regardless. For my sins I have always been lucky with most crypts but then I cant grow pogostemon for toffee so go figure, lol

Yeah the plants at aqua essentials are grown emmersed ;) Yeah the pogostemon i have is being very weird, it has only grown around a centimeter since I've put it in! Plants eh, who'd have em' ?

HarryRobinson said:
Yeah the plants at aqua essentials are grown emmersed ;) Yeah the pogostemon i have is being very weird, it has only grown around a centimeter since I've put it in! Plants eh, who'd have em' ?

LOL. Mugs like us !! 8) :lol:

Gotta say Harry, this is looking really nice :thumbup:

:lol:

Yeah thanks Ady, just a shame that god'dam pogostemon isn't growing fast enough, might have to chuck some other plants in there to give an instant effect. The main aim at the moment is to get that pogostemon growing like no body's business :thumbup:

Also guys, i have a little melting across my patches of Staurogyne, any ideas on why this is happening?

Back