• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Supporting UKAPS?

Steve Smith

Hi all. Is there currently a way (that I've not spotted) or plans for being able to support UKAPS via donations/purchasing merchandise (would love a UKAPS sticker for my laptop!) or anything else?

You guys have seemingly put a lot of effort into this, and time and money I'd expect! Seems fair to spread the load a little! Any plans along these lines?

Also, are you needing any help with anything? I'd love to contribute if I can, in any way :)

ditto. i know the original idea was to use plant pounds rather than hard cash but some things require money.

i think it would be a good idea to offer stickers for sale. maybe £5 per sticker or something. obviously overpriced but it's more a freebie for a £5 donation rather than an expensive sticker.

i'd put a lump in if i knew where to send it. maybe set up a UKAPS paypal account or something. I know dan usually charges a lot of money for those printed boards for example it's not fair to scrounge freebies every time.

I suspect there might be difficulties when it comes to money of course and all the politics, and even legal obligations (?), but the £5 sticker sounds like a cool idea :)

Same here :) I do know there is soon to be a UKAPS branded aquascaping kit which will be on sale through ebay, £24.99 or £25.99 cant remember. Either way I'll probably get one. If its been arranged by someone on here it should be a great little product.

Stickers, etc sound good too, but I guess all these things take time to organise, etc so all in good time :)

Sam

Themuleous said:
Same here :) I do know there is soon to be a UKAPS branded aquascaping kit which will be on sale through ebay, £24.99 or £25.99 cant remember. Either way I'll probably get one. If its been arranged by someone on here it should be a great little product.

Stickers, etc sound good too, but I guess all these things take time to organise, etc so all in good time :)

Sam

I sense an earl christmas present to myself ;)

thanks for your thoughts :)

eventually, what well do, is setup an ebay shop to sell stickers, tshirt, scaping kits and wotnot.

your welcome to donate to us, we do have a paypal account, but I for one would rather you had at least a token for your hard earned cash! if your interested JamesC has all the details, PM him and he can fill you in.

we do put a bit of our money into it, but youd be amazed just how much George can blag!

George did an amazing job this weekend, plants alive donated all the plants.. a 2 foot box of them, all the rock, all the gravel, all the wood.. not sure where they came from, but Ill suggest to him we do a thanks to our sponsors bit on the announcement section maybe as without it all, we'd have been far less impressive.

Frolicsome_Flora said:
George did an amazing job this weekend, plants alive donated all the plants.. a 2 foot box of them, all the rock, all the gravel, all the wood.. not sure where they came from, but Ill suggest to him we do a thanks to our sponsors bit on the announcement section maybe as without it all, we'd have been far less impressive.

Was the equipment/plants/gravel on loan from the various suppliers? If you want to raise any more funds, how about raffling off the show tank? £2 a ticket or something along those lines. I'm sure you'd get plenty of interest and could have it "sponsored" by the companies that supplied the goods as a thankyou perhaps :)

Anyhow, to my other question, are you in need of any man-power for anything, whether it be any admin stuff or web based stuff? If so, what skill sets are you needing more of?

Was the equipment/plants/gravel on loan from the various suppliers? If you want to raise any more funds, how about raffling off the show tank? £2 a ticket or something along those lines. I'm sure you'd get plenty of interest and could have it "sponsored" by the companies that supplied the goods as a thankyou perhaps :)

the tanks were on loan via the festival sponsors I beleive, so theyll be all broken back down now, which is a shame!

Anyhow, to my other question, are you in need of any man-power for anything, whether it be any admin stuff or web based stuff? If so, what skill sets are you needing more of?

website stuff and everything ICT based I handle, and Id rather keep that to just me to be honest, its much easier to organise and write for. The whole site is hard coded except for the gallery and the forum which is heavily modified stock code Ive brought in. Its also written to support a much larger infrastructure than we currently have, so itll be easy to expand it as we need to.

The main thing I would say we need is people to take charge of organising events in their own particular geographical areas, whether it be BBQs in the summer, or drinks at a local pub.. skies the limit really! plant sharing locally would be a great thing to get off the ground as well, but again, is highly geographical.

If there are any big events going on that you think we should have a presence at then let us know and we can see what we can do. :)

battling with local fish shops to provide better support for the hobby is going to be an ongoing project, so thats always good.. If your confident, Pets at home are for instance, approachable and depending on the management, can be open to suggestions. The Poole one down by me is possibly going to let me do a display tank for them and even stock our gear. Its always worth asking these people, they can only say no.

Nice to see such energy though from everyone :) this is whats made us what we are this quickly, and is what'll keep us going long after alot of the other forums/clubs have fallen by the wayside :) we should all be very proud of ourselves.

Another forum I belong to offers people the chance to donate a fiver a year to help towards running costs, which I have been happy to pay.

It can't be easy keeping a site running to a high standard and if I can't yet donate experience etc, I'd be happy to give a little to help where I can.

i'd love to know where the wood is from - i did ask, but all the information i got over the weekend some of it was pushed out again lol (i should write things down!)

Hi guys, the merchandising is my area.

What we have discussed in the past has been t-shirts, bumper and window stickers, bespoke tank backgrounds (as on the back of our show tanks) and the aquascaping tool kits.
The t-shirts i have printed and ready for shipping since i had done a load for the festival but we were too busy to get them out abd try and sell them.
I have window stickers alread printed too, some of us already have them plastered all over our cars.

i'd love to know where the wood is from - i did ask, but all the information i got over the weekend some of it was pushed out again lol (i should write things down!)
The wood we had used is from a company called unipac but they are trade so i doubt they would appreciate public callers. I am meeting with the boss in a couple of weeks to scape his tank along with George and i'm planning to come to some "arrangment" with regards to the wood. Aquaessential.co.uk sell some lovely wood which i have in my tank and would really reccomend.
The rocks George sorted out and they all came from Aquaessetials.co.uk too.
The plants George also sorted out and they came from plants alive.

Things like the stand are very expensive but luckily i'm in a situation to sort all that out, fuel and accomadation we were happy to pay.
If we were to recieve monies it allows us to explore more hightech things like the aquascaping tools and various other things that we have in the pipeline ;)

T-shirts I would like to charge about £7.50 + P&P and it would include a window sticker just for the giggle.
T-SHIRTS.gif

Window and normal stickers would be about £3.00
Window-Sticker.gif

Aquascaping tool kits are still in the early stages and we need to get it right from the off so it may be a while before they are out but you can expect to pay around £25

UKaps is not trying to be a profit making business but like it has already been pointed out, doing what we do can be quite costly any monies will help UKaps to further itself.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and if you want to order anything please PM me.

ok, update on this :)

Jimbooo is investigating the processes in declairing ourselves a society, we will have to get all this sorted before anyone buys anything, donates anything bacause of the dreaded tax man.

we hope to have this sorted out soon, Ill keep you updated :)

we didnt want to address this issue until we were really up and running and had a need for it, as we didnt want to give people the idea we were after money and wotnots. weve now reached that time when we can push forward to the next stage.

thanks for all your kind thoughts and intentions :) we'll have something sorted soon as :)

Aquaessential.co.uk sell some lovely wood which i have in my tank and would really reccomend.
The rocks George sorted out and they all came from Aquaessetials.co.uk too.
The plants George also sorted out and they came from plants alive.

Thank you :)

my input if you'd like it, :) t-shirt cost i would say is very reasonable. and bumper stickers too. i would imagin for what you get in tool kit that is a good price to, as for example the curved scissors fetch £10+ alone.

i'd certainly be up for some purchases :) add to my collection of window stickers lol

we able to PM now, or wait for the nod of official-ness? :)

This all sounds very good, I'd certainly be interested in the scaping tools as well as some stickers.

A UKAPs callender would be cool, especially if it featured the 12 best tanks/pictures donated by members of this site.

ulster exile said:
A UKAPs callender would be cool, especially if it featured the 12 best tanks/pictures donated by members of this site.

thats a fantastic idea!!! it's pretty hard to find aquatic related calanders. i'd definatly have one. or two lol

Back