• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rio 180 rescape

5222840f-8d12-b749.jpg
5222840f-8d37-3818.jpg
5222840f-8d4c-a9b9.jpg
5222840f-8d64-64d7.jpg

Cheers. I have some moss attached to the top ATM going to see how that goes first as there Isn't many flat surfaces on it so any plant would have to placed on one of the vertical faces and I was worried that would look odd. Hopefully the moss will spread over it a bit

So just a little pic update to show how it's filling out. Particularly impressed with how well the lotus is coming on after my last lot of photos (6 weeks) seeing as it came as a little bulb. Not a lot else has changed really. I have bought a fluval 405 which will be running a spray bar along the back and the jbl will be changed to a duck beak outlet. This way I should be able to maintain the decent flow levels i have but remove the koralia as it is kind of bulky.

Another update. The guppies have now been moved to a fluval edge so looking for some new additions in the tank I am thinking a group of medium size rainbow fish, open to suggestions of both rainbows and other 3-4 inch medium/ top dwellers. I am thinking between 4 and 6 of whatever I get so as far as I am aware that takes gouramis out of the picture as they don't get on to well do they? I have also got an l134 or leopard frog pleco in Friday. He is about 3-4 cm at the moment. Very shy. So shy I am yet to see his face :(. The mrs acclimatised him etc while I was away. Hopefully he will get braver after a few days. I have also bought and installed some blue LEDs to give a moonlight effect after lights out. They aren't hugely powerful but they give a nice glow. Pics to follow of LEDs on and plec once he shows his face :)

don't get your hopes up for ever seeing the plec leopard frogs tend to only come out at night with all lights out and scarper as soon as they see your shadow a friend who has a breeding group has 10 in his tank and if you can see 1 of them its a miracle.

hinch said:
don't get your hopes up for ever seeing the plec leopard frogs tend to only come out at night with all lights out and scarper as soon as they see your shadow a friend who has a breeding group has 10 in his tank and if you can see 1 of them its a miracle.
wouldn't mind aslong as I saw him eat something or evidence of such

ezesyge6.jpg
my l134 :). Tis only a baby. Anyone have any experience on best food for them. Struggling to get him interested in anything

courgette and cucumber and tetra prima

put a fresh piece in every day until he starts taking it readily. he's probably a little grumpy from the move to a new tank may not eat for a couple of days until he's settled in. you can also try rubbing garlic into it to encourage him to take it though I've never believed in that myself

Thanks. I have tried cucumber and I will get some courgette and tetra prima. I have also tried hikari sinking wafers and frozen bloodworm also. Figured it may well just be grumpy after move etc

this stuff http://www.petsathome.com/shop/tetra-pr ... -30g-30414
it sinks and they hoover it up off the floor. the hikari wafers aren't actually that good for plecs alot of people report having issues with their plecs and bloat using it.

all my plecs get a mixture of tetra prima, fresh veg (almost anything works in my case), frozen bloodworm, tried bloodworm pellets and new era catfish pellets

Yea I have the new era pellets too. Cheers man I will get some prima in the week

Back