• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzanita Wood Scapes

Krishs Bettas

Hello everyone,

I need some inspiration for my new tank, can anyone share some pictures of any manzanita wood scapes?
Many thanks

Hi

Not too sure how inspirational this will be as this is my first planted tank, having been away from fishkeeping for 20+ years. It's very much a work in progress so please excuse the random potted plants dumped in the right-hand corner. The tank has only been running for a couple of weeks so far. I was keen to have a wood-heavy scape and so far I'm quite pleased with it for a first attempt, although a lot of inspiration has been gained from some of the fantastic scapes on this site. This is the first time i've put pictures of the tank up on this site as I am waiting for it to mature before starting a journal.

Stu.

img0632pl.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-24

img0631ti.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-24

img0621z.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-24

rebus said:
Hi

Not too sure how inspirational this will be as this is my first planted tank, having been away from fishkeeping for 20+ years. It's very much a work in progress so please excuse the random potted plants dumped in the right-hand corner. The tank has only been running for a couple of weeks so far. I was keen to have a wood-heavy scape and so far I'm quite pleased with it for a first attempt, although a lot of inspiration has been gained from some of the fantastic scapes on this site. This is the first time i've put pictures of the tank up on this site as I am waiting for it to mature before starting a journal.

Stu. :rolleyes:

img0632pl.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-24

img0631ti.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-24

img0621z.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-24
Wow, really nice and not at all dissimilar to a few ideas I have for my next set up. Really good scape :clap:
What sand is that please?

Mark Evans said:
here's a few layouts that i've done...

manziwooddemo.jpg

trial1.jpg

Mark I love these two. Are there journals on here for those two that I can read ?

Back