• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

RobS' 'TheVision' 260L

RobS

Hey all,

So finally after a slow start and finally getting little bits together. After the introduction thread I said I'll make a journal on the forums with the progress. So here we are :)

The Equipment & Co.

• Tank: Juwel Vision 260L
    Filter: Fluval FX-5
    Lamps: T5s with reflectors
    Co2: TBA (LunaPet Regulator)
    Substrate: Akadama
    Heater: Fluval E-Series 300w

The Vision

• tanksl.jpg
The Goal

• My goal for this tank has some what changed from the first thought when setting up a planted tank. My previous tank had various fishes; to Red tail shark, fighter fish and community fishes, although they got along fine I want to eliminate the issue of having problems with the fishes. So for the time being all the fishes will be of the friendly nature.

The wood scheme is some what complete. I've got the centre bit I was kind of after and another larger bit that's still soaking due to the water turning yellow. So hopefully will be able to place that in too, with some little bits added as well. Still looking about for a trunk like piece; or a piece that will stand tall either way.

The plants have not been purchased yet as I'm still looking around for a viable source in Basingstoke/Hampshire that's able to either replace Co2 fire extinguisher or refill. But once that complete I shall begin planting. My idea is to have tallish plants at the back and hopefully be able to grow some type moss/grass towards the front of the tank. Once settle and such I shall be added/attaching some to the wood.

Questions etc

• Vision 260 Flow... In my introduction thread Alastair mention about the flow within the Vision's are some what tricky. I have two pump with the tank, one being a big chunky thing and another that's was in the eternal filter which you will be able to see in the pictures below. So I try to use them within the tank or just see how It's goes for the time being?

Although with that being said... my friend and I were talking about creating a DIY spray bar for the Fluval FX5 output. Would this help/eliminate the problem?

The Base... regarding the last two pictures, do the amount of substrate seem enough? I was hoping that I would have got more depth with being able to a bigger mound/slope to the right have side. Although I have a slope of some description to the right hand side. The substrate sits mainly around 1 to 3 inches. 2 Inches I would say is the average for sure.

No other question at the top of my head for now, but I'm sure I'll have more as time goes on.......

Some Pictures

• newns.jpg

img0008vhi.jpg

img0009md.jpg

img0010ld.jpg

Thanks!

• Just like to say thanks to Alastair with some advice on the equipment and to the other members that help me within the other threads regarding the lights and so forth.

Hi mate, plans look good so far. I actually did spray bars for both fx5s that I ran on my vision 450, easiest option is to just purchase the tetra tec ex2400 outlet kit off eBay and just use the little elbow and the spray bar from the kit. Flow will or should be perfect using that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little update with the layout.

Pictures are little murky due to moving the base around a little.

I think it's starting out oki, though I believe I'm still lacking a master kind of piece that was originally in my design thoughts. So hopefully come across a nice piece soon. Once the water has settled and things are looking good than I shall drop one or two fishes and and slowly add plants :))

img0016fb.jpg

img0017jm.jpg

img0018to.jpg

Hi Rob,

Love the wood on the right the bit that curles back on itself, however the hardscape seems a little low unless you plan to just have a carpet style tank.

Would the large peice of wood on the left of centre stand up to create an arch? otherwise it looks like you need a taller piece of wood. Another option is to screw/wire wood together so if you have a few smaller branchs you could attach them to you existing wood to create height. These joints can then be hidden with plants

Hey c00ki3,

As I mention within the first post that I'm still looking around for a centre like piece that was in my original drawing. Can always be added in later though so hopefully when I find one that's suitable I shall get it. Either looking for a trunk like piece or one that arch out into small branches, we shall see :). But I agree, really is lacking some height.

Just an update on the current water situation. (1 and half weeks)

PH 7.0
High PH 7.4
Ammonia 0.25 - 0.50
Nirite 0.5
Nirate 40

Last time I did my first time water water cycle was well over a 2 years ago so slowly getting back into it. Will leave it a little longer and see how it settles down. There is some white fungus on the wood but upon reading up I believe that goes.

I guess just have to wait and see how the water turns out?

Sufficient planting pretty much negates the cycle, so if you plan to plant soon the cycle is not directly relevant - tests kits also appear to be pretty inaccurate too if you go by others on here :)

Back