• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from 'sunny' Weston super Mare

mikey63

Hi everyone

Well after 10 years of running a SPS reef tank, I'm now looking for a new challenge.

When I kept freshwater tanks I never did quite get the hang of growing plants, they died.

The only other thing I would really like to do is keep discus. So my idea is a relatively slow growing planted tank (Walstad) with half a dozen 3-4 inch fish once the thing is stable.

My tank is 100g with a 2 weir fuge. Just need to sell the live rock that's left.

Been doing lots of research but kept coming back here.

Cheers

Mike

I've had planted tanks for years and still not got the hang of them :) Welcome, discus are stunning fish :)

Hey, Welcome on board!

UKAPS is one the best places for all things planted. There are some seriously talented and knowledgeable people here. When i started on here a few years back, i realised i knew very little, even though i had been keeping fish for donkeys yrs!

Well today I've sat on my bum and just read stuff all day. My eyes hurt.

Another good thing is being a UK site is info on where to get stuff locally.

Welcome Mikey. So you not running the marine any more or are you expanding ?

Antipofish said:
Welcome Mikey. So you not running the marine any more or are you expanding ?

Hi Antipofish

I have removed all the corals and fish. Just got a cleaner shrimp in there and the rock. When it's gone I will use this tank. My only concern is it was a custom tank with wide bracing and getting at the bottom corners for pruning will be more awkward than it could have been.

Back