• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquatics Live 2012 Competition

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Aquatics Live 2012 will be running on November 10th and 11th at Olympia, London.

After the success of last year's live aquascaping competition, we'll be doing it all again this year - with the added attraction of cash prizes!

The tanks to be aquascaped this year will be around 90cm wide so there should be plenty of room for creativity:D

How do you enter? Send me a photo of what you consider to be your best aquascape, old or new before October 21st. We will then judge which tanks we consider to be the best of the bunch. The top ten will then have the chance to compete in the live event in London.

The prizes....
1st place = £300
2nd place = £200
3rd place = £100

Each competing UKAPS member will also receive £30 to help with their travel expenses.

Plants - They will be supplied free of charge by our sponsor Tropica - Once selected to compete you will get to choose your plants from the updated Tropica catalogue at http://www.tropica.com/en/home.aspx You can bring planbts from home too if you so desire, maybe you want to bring a HC carpet grown on netting to create an instant carpet? Moss on wood and rocks will make the aquascape appear much more aged.

Hardscape will be supplied by Unipac, once selected I will offer you a choice of 5 substrates with various grain sizes, I will also offer you a selection of wood and rocks. You are of corse very welcome to bring along your own hardscape.

Everything you need to create your aquascape will be at the show, ready and waiting.

So, if you want to get involved and join us - send me your best looking aquascape :thumbup:

If you don't want to be part of the live aquascaping, feel free to come along and join us anyway, it's set to be a great show with seminars from our very own James Starr Marshall, Heiko Bleher, Chris Lukaup and loads of others. Exhibitors include AquaJardin, PFK, TMC, Pets @ Home and Tropica will be there offering advice and demonstrations.

UKAPS will of corse have our own stand with various bits on there including mature tanks from Tony Swinney and Mark Evans ;)

Hopefully that's enough to wet your appetite....

easerthegeezer said:
awesome, when do the entries need to be in by Dan?
October 21st September
Westyggx said:
Dan do we have any discounted tickets again this year? Cheers
Sadly the organisers are not offering discounted tickets this year, keep an eye on PFK though as I believe they will be running some sort of discount.

How much are the tickets? I plan on doing my first tank in September so doubt I have a chance getting into the comp this year but it sounds like a good even to go see if its in London. :D

Hey Guys

Really enjoyed last year and being part of the UKAPS massive, you can defo count of my support.
I wont be entering a tank this year, as i can only make one of the days, but i am still looking forward to coming down and catching up with everyone..................

Andyh

Sweet, I am doing an interesting scape using a few new planting ideas ( that i have not seen anyone use so far)
Will remember to send you the pix before the closing date.

I'll be down, most likely the Saturday. Looking forward to it :thumbup:

Back