• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Guppys Missing tails

jamesb

Recently I noticed one of my orange guppys tail has almost been bitten in half and am not sure what has changed recently to start the tails getting picked on. My partner bought some blue and a black guppy yesterday and already one of them is missing a section of tail and the other blue one I think has a split in his. Is this guppies scrapping amongst each other or are my African butterfly's starting to attack them at night. From what research I did the butterfly's are pretty peaceful but they are the only other recent additions to the tank

yes this is most def your ABF, they are reactive eaters. if something swims near the mouth they will pounce on it. missing tails are a tell tale sign.

Think I am going to try get some credit for them as I am not a big fan o them anyway was more to appease the mrs. Silly me!

jamesb said:
Think I am going to try get some credit for them as I am not a big fan o them anyway was more to appease the mrs. Silly me!

They will have a go at anything under 2 inches, But I have seen them have a Go at King Bettas over 3Inches and take the tail off completely. They are what some people call the small arowana, as the mouth opens so very large

Back