• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New centre piece fish

jamesb

Some of you may of read that my angels have turned demons in another thread and my mrs wants to keep them. As much as I want to get a second big tank we just don't have any room for one :( so I would like to trade them in for a little bit of credit and get some other large centre piece fish. However until I can find something suitable that she thinks "looks pretty" she is not going to give up on keeping them. I need some ideas people. Any help greatly appreciated. I have a rio 180 planted tank with 11 harlequins 8 guppys, 4 julii corys, 2 yo yo loaches, 2 Siamese flying foxes and 2 Molly's. The angels are in a temporary tank for now

Re: New centre piece fish

Whitey89 said:
Solution to the problem, file for divorce.
lol not Gunna happen man I love fish keeping but my partner and lil girl and second lil girl enroute are my life

Danny said:
Mystus Wyckii and get the mrs to hand feed it :woot:
lol 71cm catfish in my rio 180 with all them lil fish. Disaster!

if the angels are being demons its probably cos they've paired up and ready for breeding. get a cone in for them to breed on sell the fry use the profits to buy new fish for main tank :)

what about pearl gourami's ?

Yeah I'm really liking the pearls. But I have a feeling it's more they have just decided to try and eat everything smaller than them but I may be wrong. We are looking at getting a new tank. If we win the one I have seen I am after its 4x2x2 so 450 litre. Thinking of keeping the angels as a pair, getting 6/7 discus. And some bottom dwellers couple of l plecs and some bigger corys. Was also thinking some congos but not sure on that yet.

don't forget added cost of RO for discus

a mid sized l190 would be good since they're nicely patterned and bulky but also grow slowly so while they can get upto 24" they're unlikely

I was reading the article in pfk and got the impression that ro wasn't essential. Especially if you get discus bred in water parameters similar to your own. Haven't done a huge amount of research yet got to win the tank yet lol

If you are thinking of discus, may i suggest you have a look at jims discus. He has a huge breeding room in the west mids and is breeding alot of uk discus.

I am afraid the new tank has been sold on turns out was 4x1.5x about 15" so way smaller than I wanted. Made a profit though :)

Nah that project is on hold for 12 months or so. Money needed elsewhere.

How abou a FAIT ACCOMPLIS ? The Mrs comes home from work one day and it plays out like this....

james "Sorry hun, the Angels are gone"
mrs "but i thought i told you i wanted to keep them"
james "I know my love, I don't mean I got rid of them, I mean they are gone"
mrs "what do you MEAN gone"?
james "I came in and found one breathing heavily tattered to pieces at the top of the tank, and the others were already dead. i had to put the last one out of his misery. there must have been one ALMIGHTY fight".
mrs " really ? Oh no, thats terrible"
james "yes I am gutted. got really choked up about it to see such carnage"
mrs "well lets go and find something else to fill their place darling, i can see you are upset, so you choose something"

And alls well that ends well :)

Lol this won't happen I'm afraid. I separated the 2 angels from the community tank and stripey died :( went all drunk like crashing into anything and everything then passed away. I monitored blondie (original names hey!) for 3 weeks and put him back in the tank. Since then he has behaved himself.

Back