• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydor external - should a light come on when it is heating?

nry

I've been wondering for a while if my Hydor external ever does anything - it is hidden away in the cabinet and the thermometer always shows 22 c or as close as I can make out as it is a stick-on one.

This evening I turned the dial right up and right down and I heard no click and saw no lights show on the heater itself. Should there be any indication shown?

Re: Hydor external - should a light come on when it is heati

is it plugged in? mine illuminates a diode when it is heating. with a little audible click

Mine always has a red light on when it's heating, if i turn it up there is a audible click as it turns on also.

Stu

I suspect mine is dead then as I hear or see nothing...

nry, check the fuse before you do anything drastic... although it sounds like the thermostat sounds like its gone if your not getting any sort of click.

Chris

I did think of the fuse, not managed to check it yet though :)

Not the fuse, changed for a known good one - think it's time to buy a thermometer for this new tank (old one was a sticky one) and see what temp it sits at - I suspect I may well not need a heater.

Back