• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cryptocoryne sp.'Flamingo'

John

Seedling
Has anybody seen this beautiful plant for sale in the UK yet, It seems to be a cultivar from Dennerle and I don't know of any stockist of Dennerle plants. Any info very grateful.

Sorry Foxfish I don't know how to post a picture but goggle the name and look at the images. it's quite a pink plant.

ianho unfortunately that shop doesn't do Dennerle plants it used to, but then it used to be a very good shop, not so now Imo. The last place I found Dennerle plants was Coxwells. but they've moved, and I can't fint plants on their website.
But thanks

I found this pic - looks like a sea anemone!
Crypto20Flamingo202.jpg

Harrogate aquatics don't stock dennerle plants last time I went, just the co2 stuff and heater cables.
Try ordering from germany? Crypts should survive the postage from Germany easily.

It seems to be sold in those jell pot's like "Tropica" sell their 123 range of plants, and cost about €8.89 or £7.87 a pot. I've informed the Man in Selby about it!.

I've had this on a few occasions from OutsideInside in Haddington (they do mail order) from Dennerle stock.

I had very limited success with it thou. I gave up after 6 months of barely keeping it alive. :(

Very pretty and unique when it first comes thou.

Good luck trying.

Best Regards,
John

Hope that I can keep mine alive, just got them last month.

I just got some and have got to say it is a stunning plant... going to put it in a nano tonight... cant wait.

As for how many there are in the pot - I cant quite tell at the moment - but they have some amazing roots in the gel. I have been reading up on them today as well... all the good info is in German so it has taken a while.

It does not seem to like warm water although the packaging does state 22-28C... Lighting is somewhat questionable and so I am going to put it in the 20l nano with a 3w LED lighting unit. It is definately a root feeder - so the substrate needs to be powered in some way. I will be using some products I have to hand... Only going to put it in the nano with some moss as a contrast. Black quartz top on the substrate should do it as well...

This is a new plant to me and seems only at this stage to be available from Denerle. I have spoken to my suppliers abroad and they want it... Funny as well though that speaking to Harrogate Aquatics today - they did not know anything about it at all... infact they advised me they have not stocked Denerle plants now for over a year when the supply chain was interrupted from Germany... New UK Distributors... But we shall see....

I bought one in Germany they make it in-vitro and portion is rather big. It is doing really great. I have in 2 tanks in one it has full light in other shaded in both it is growing no die out or not stunned. Both tanks Co2 one heavy fert other easy fert. Temperature is 20-26 depends on room. Can post pic later.

Back