• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily pipe query

Antipofish said:
Dont tell me you are putting one of those animated Reindeer in the tank... the ones you see surrounded by fake snow in the shopping centres from September onwards ? :woot:
Sounds like a plan! :)

Here's a teaser now I can upload photos via tapatalk.... Cheers Whitey!
1f4b44ec-3a00-f91b.jpg

That stone is absolutely lovely :) But enough with teasing, lets see a FTS 8)

easerthegeezer said:
nice! feel that 1-2-grow may be on the to buy list!
Yeah, need to save some pennies....budget blown on rocks!!

Antipofish said:
That stone is absolutely lovely :) But enough with teasing, lets see a FTS 8)
Yeah the stone was too good to resist and worked really well for an idea I had. I was originally thinking of a more traditional and 'correct' iwagumi style but have ended up with something a little different which doesn't technically follow the iwagumi stone placement theory.
I'll save the fts for the journal :)

Where's the journal then ? LOL... come on Mr M, get your skates on, we are all waiting with baited breath. (Well actually I am waiting with garlic breath as I had home made Moussaka for dinner last night, LOL).

I'm darned if I can find them now, but I recently saw (online) inlet and outlet pipework with no loop, you had to run the flexible tubing into the tank a little - these would fit into any type of tank/hood combination. I'll keep looking :)

nry said:
I'm darned if I can find them now, but I recently saw (online) inlet and outlet pipework with no loop, you had to run the flexible tubing into the tank a little - these would fit into any type of tank/hood combination. I'll keep looking :)
Hi,
Yeah they had the Borneo wild ones like this on APFUK website but I've decided against this type as I'd have to attach a u bend etc which will detract from the aesthetics, plus they were a little more expensive than what I can afford. If you directly piped to the lily with hose it may kink without a u bend. I've ordered one from Tankscape now which after discussion with Andy there, should have a deep enough reach :)

Antipofish said:
Where's the journal then ? LOL... come on Mr M, get your skates on, we are all waiting with baited breath. (Well actually I am waiting with garlic breath as I had home made Moussaka for dinner last night, LOL).
I'll get one started soon. I hate using my phone to do this sort of thing and I'll have no Internet for about 2 weeks :(
Saying that I'll probably end up starting one anyway, if not least to say where I drew inspiration from. I still need to get some smaller pieces of rock for the transitions etc but being as how your keen to see ill pop a pic up here I'll just have to use tapatalk
Cheerio
Ady

Here's a couple of pics of progress, just need some smaller stones to place in the foreground.

1f4b44ec-ea78-1724.jpg

1f4b44ec-ea8b-1e3a.jpg

Inspired from natural coastal erosion features such as archways and stumps:

1f4b44ec-eb6c-51e2.jpg

1f4b44ec-eb97-e2c0.jpg

1f4b44ec-ebcb-9b33.jpg

Cheers Ian.
I'll start the journal to document further progress.

Is that Dursle Door or something like that ? Thats what sprung to mind as soon as I saw your scape before I saw the other pics :) VERY striking indeed.

Antipofish said:
Is that Dursle Door or something like that ? Thats what sprung to mind as soon as I saw your scape before I saw the other pics :) VERY striking indeed.
Yeah the top pic is Durdle door at lulworth Dorset, it's a really striking feature and one i remembered from gcse geography back in the day! :)

Cheers Iain and Darren :thumbup:

Back