• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Amazonia granules and powder

sweet sounds amazing... i will ask tho, once I order a 5l bag of black do you recommend i top it or base layer it with anything or will this just act as a complete substrate? will it hold onto gradient levels in my scaping? as in if i shape it will it not just flatten... do you just use this on its own?

Substrate supports

Yeah Jack, just Ebi Gold and your ready to go.
I bought mine from Germany before it was available here. It was expensive at £30 delivered but this is the second tank its been used in. I dried it out after the first.

Yep as Tim states, use some plastic supports (cut some clear plastic sandwich boxes into strips and insert them vertically, to act as a 'Support' to hold substrate somewhat.

the stagger them (like a 5 on a dice) so you give plenty of hold to the substrate.

Jack... If you don't mind me asking, Why have you got 3 Optiwhite cubes on eBay?

well its optiwhite so its the clearest glass you can get! its 6mm sandblasted optiwhite glass. not your lower level 4mm optiwhite glass. I have no photos but I suppose I could take some? it will just look like a normal tank tho tbh. It needs something in it you know what I mean? but its very very good quality indeed. 10 points for working out it was me! :) are you near plymouth? I do 2ft tanks too.. :) I have just picked up an order of glass and will be building this weekend so what I can do is gt some photos up when I have them built if you like..

yeah well i get the glass from surrey not too far from you so if you were interested something could be arrange. ill try and sort out some photos when I have a few build. I can hold the glass straight and look at the sides and there is NO green tinge. I can see through the glass length ways almost. the cubes are 30 x 30 x 30cm but I have orders of 60 x 30 x 30cm also and they are going for 100 quid. I think people appreciate how cheap im doing them for..

Back