• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best co2 diffuser for 54ltr tank, fluval external filter

Lindy

I am about to take the plunge into injected co2 but there is a huge choice of diffusers. I like the glass ones but have seen others on aqua essentials that look like airstone style. I could go inline but unsure if it would be compatible with a fluval external. I did have a cheap nano ceramic diffuser(ebay) when I was trying a fluval mini kit but the bubbles seemed quite big then it snapped when cleaning.

Any advice appreciated

if you go inline it is probably best to have a regulator with adjustable pressure. You can get in-tank atomizors but again you might need adjustable reg to power the gas through. otherwise standard glass job will be fine. i have a basic aquaessentials item. your filter should be ok with inline diffuser.

you will need to change from the fluval ribbed tubing to tradition pipes to get a seal on the inline atomiser and as darren said you need a reg that will run at 2 bar. Personally i found inline atomisers the easiest to get right when starting out in high tech as it also means you can see the flow in the tank with microbubbles.

Thanks, will see if I can get different pipes for the filter as the spraybar would spread the co2 right across the tank.

I've got a plain UP inline atomiser, no issues and it's been running for well over a year, same size tank, though distribution is better with a spray bar vs. the lily pipes I had before.

I use one of these on my 60l... very small bubbles. I use it on my full pressurised system not the fluval 88 system it's intended for.

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/fluval- ... -6010.html

pros.
very small bubbles
solid (not easily broken)
small size

cons.
it's black

Back