• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop Checker

hey, if you have followed all the instruction given so far my bet would be one of 3 things...
either the 4dkh with bromo was bad (i believe aquaessentials had an issue with theirs 6 months back or so)
or
you havent said what sort of DC it is? If it isnt a glass one then there is a possibility that the permeable membrane that some of the drop checks have may not be working or is blocked somehow
or
you arent injecting anywhere near as much co2 as you think.

If the solution is no good then yes use the 4dkh liquid you have, 2ml of 4dkh to 2 drops ph reactor. This should be enough to half fill most standard drop checkers. The solution with go blue when added or ive had some before that just go very very dark bluey green.

You really need to sort a bubble counter out, if your stuck i have one you can have if you pm your address but id advise getting one sooner. If the inline diffuser is working correctly it will fill the tank with mist that looks like an awful lot of gas but that is how it should be. Many people have the atomiser before the filter so it will diffuse into the water as it goes through the canister to reduce the misting.

Nothing else in the tank will react with the drop checker aside the air within the DC mate.

thxs guys, tht is a good amount of info. im using the glass drop checker, ordered bubble count hoping it will be here tomorrow or monday. may bump the co2 up as well. will report bck my findings. over and out lol

check solution, turned yellow, so least thts 1 thing eliminated. Co2 turned up, extra 30 mins before light comes on too. see what results tht gives me. Was reading a journal earlier where some was putting around 10-12 bps into tank, so guess i will know more when bubble counter arrives.

Back