• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 reg issue

tim

hey guys n girls im using a jbl m602 reg on my 60 ltr tank and ive noticed since changing my bubble counter to an up aqua bubble counter after 5 mins off co2 being off working pressure climbs from the 1.5 its set too up to 3 bar is this something to be concerned about my other m602 reg on my shrimp nano stays at the 1.5 bar its set at im running both on 600g disposable welding gas bottle only difference in the set ups is bubble counter any insight into this would be appreciated
cheers tim :thumbup:

Tim, I thought that working pressure was meant to be constant, and as set by the user. I set mine to 2 bar and it stays at 2 bar. I change it to 1 bar and it stays there. I can't think why it should fluctuate. 3 bar is high, but should not pose a problem to most equipment as long as your connections are nice and tight. I would keep an eye on it to make sure it does not go any higher though.

Hopefully someone else can shed some light on the reason for the fluctiuation.

Cheers Chris it is strange drops back to 1.5 as soon as the solenoid comes on does the same thing every day strange didn't happen until I changed the bubble counter thanks for the help mate will monitor over the next couple of weeks and maybe swap the bubble counter for another if it rises any more

I get this too but not as extreme. Again on a JBL reg, which I have running an up inline, I set pressure to 2 but it rises to 2.2 when solenoid is off. I've always assumed it was because the closure of the solenoid created a little bubble of pressure between the solenoid and the bottle but thinking about it now I'm not sure that makes much sense.

Back