• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please help!

jack-rythm

Cant seem to find anyone that knows the answer to this question....

In my 3ft tank that im currently breaking down I have 9L of ada aquasoil Amazonia. can I mix my ada soil with my EBI gold shrimp substrate to enlarge the quantity? The basic point im trying to make is im getting EBI gold shrimp substrate to buffer the water and keep it to a suitable level for my CRS. By mixing it with already used ADA soil will this bother the process of the EBI?

Someone out there must know!

Jack

jackrythm said:
Cant seem to find anyone that knows the answer to this question....

In my 3ft tank that im currently breaking down I have 9L of ada aquasoil Amazonia. can I mix my ada soil with my EBI gold shrimp substrate to enlarge the quantity? The basic point im trying to make is im getting EBI gold shrimp substrate to buffer the water and keep it to a suitable level for my CRS. By mixing it with already used ADA soil will this bother the process of the EBI?

Someone out there must know!

Jack

Hi,
i dont see why it would make a difference if your going to be setting up again straight away, just pour the ebi on top and Bobs your uncle! The Ebi soil will work in exactly the same way, and depending on how old the aquasoil is that will do too. Ive just added new aquasoil powder over some of my old aquasoil and didnt think twice.
The only reason to dry it out is if its going to be stood a while (so it doesnt stagnate with the water in it), or a major rescape of hardscape etc as this would get messy! I dried mine out on punctured bin bags on the lawn (on a sunny/breezy day...few and far between now. I know some people have baked it on trays in the oven...but they are brave men, if my wife caught me doing that id be eating it!)
Cheerio,
Ady.

ha!! true words! im trying to break down my 3ft tank and change it for 3 nanos and create a low tech triptych set up. thanks for the advice. I think ill keep it wet as im only taking it out and dropping it in.. I dont suppose anyone would like any plants?

jackrythm said:
ha!! true words! im trying to break down my 3ft tank and change it for 3 nanos and create a low tech triptych set up. thanks for the advice. I think ill keep it wet as im only taking it out and dropping it in.. I dont suppose anyone would like any plants?
Maybe post them in the for sale section, there are swap, donate and free options there too :thumbup:

This is my first post on here and I am just starting up a tank.

If I used Ada Amazonia with the powder on top will the powder eventually just sink and the two merge together or do they tend to stay seperate?Reading other posts it seems that the normal size stuff can move around a bit does the powder tend to keep it from doing this and also anchor the plants in better?

Back