• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Something a bit more "meaty" for a 20G

johnski

For as long as I can recall, I've had nothing but small/smallish schooling fish and shrimp. So I fancy something with a bit more meat on it.

What do you reckon I should drop into my 20G?

:thumbup:

You'll always be limited to smaller fish in a 20g but that doesn't mean necessarily neon tetra sized fish. I assume you're looking for something deeper bodied? If so there are a lot of deep bodied tetras that would be suitable. X rays or black phantoms spring to mind straight away. Is this what you mean?

Some of the smaller gourami? Things like rams are nice too, very brightly coloured and a good size for a 20g :)

Garuf said:
You'll always be limited to smaller fish in a 20g but that doesn't mean necessarily neon tetra sized fish. I assume you're looking for something deeper bodied? If so there are a lot of deep bodied tetras that would be suitable. X rays or black phantoms spring to mind straight away. Is this what you mean?

I had xrays a few years back. Nice little fish, but I'm thinkin slightly bigger.

Gill said:
Depends on whether you want the new addition to co-habit with current tank mates.

Not really an issue, as I can get rid of whats in at the moment.

nry said:
Some of the smaller gourami? Things like rams are nice too, very brightly coloured and a good size for a 20g :)

I think a blue dwarf gourami might fit in there nicely with some green neon tetra.

Ahh I see but the bigger the fish the few you can keep and the less comfortable they'd be in a 20g. Perhaps a trio of aspisto's?

Back