• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (month 3)

Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (week8 - baby CRS)

pariahrob said:
These little dudes are breeding like crazy! I just noticed about 6 or 7 more little fleas prancing about the place!

I removed the eheim heater too and got a little mini heater which is hidden behind the upright piece of wood. Looks less messy.

Added a few more plants too. Another couple of sag, a blyxa plantlet from the 60-P and a crypt. All looking healthy. I think since I started feeding the genchem foods and supplements things have been way better. Colours are even better and jolting doesn't seem to be causing any issues.

I'll take some photos this week, once I've given it a good bit of maintenance.

Hi rob, I've seen some flea looking things in my tank but wasn't sure if they were baby shrimp? Just how small are new borns? The ones I have seen in my tank are like specs of dust

Re: Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (week8 - baby CRS)

No! More auto correct. I should read before I click submit. Damn iPad! I'll get some photos soon Sarah.

Mike, the ones I have are recognise able once they reach about 2-3mm. I'm sure you can probably tell earlier but they hide until they grow a bit. That's why I'm surprised I have more.

I don't know how small CRS start out but it must under 1mm.

Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (week8 - baby CRS)

pariahrob said:
No! More auto correct. I should read before I click submit. Damn iPad! I'll get some photos soon Sarah.

Mike, the ones I have are recognise able once they reach about 2-3mm. I'm sure you can probably tell earlier but they hide until they grow a bit. That's why I'm surprised I have more.

I don't know how small CRS start out but it must under 1mm.

Ok mate I have a few of these really small critters on my glass and I could have sworn their baby shrimp but they are literally like a spec of dust so I assume there just bugs!

Re: Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (week8 - baby CRS)

Hi Rob,
sorry for being dumb, but are these Crystal red shrimp or Red cherry shrimp babies? I cant find reference in your journal of adding crs, would just like to clarify before jumping down your throat with a bunch of crs breeding questions.
Cheers,
Ady.

Re: Rob's Fencepost nano tank. (week10 - baby CRS)

This is pretty much plodding along nice and quietly now. It's turned into a bit of a breeding box. The scape isn't really worth photographing right now but the cherries love it. I may well do something a bit easier on the eye at some point.

I'm going for the simplest and easiest options for this, so slow growing plants, no CO2 and a pretty basic internal filter.

I think I might go for a sand substrate too.

Back