• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cryptocoryne sp.'Flamingo'

Garuf said:
Harrogate aquatics don't stock dennerle plants last time I went, just the co2 stuff and heater cables.
Try ordering from germany? Crypts should survive the postage from Germany easily.

Any suggestions where from Garuf ? Also how about fish orders from abroad?

I've not personally ordered fish from Germany but I know people who have and with great success. Without checking my bookmarks (wrong pc) I can't say off hand but I will have a rummage tomorrow and get back to you.

Radik said:
I bought one in Germany they make it in-vitro and portion is rather big. It is doing really great. I have in 2 tanks in one it has full light in other shaded in both it is growing no die out or not stunned. Both tanks Co2 one heavy fert other easy fert. Temperature is 20-26 depends on room. Can post pic later.

I'd be interested in seeing pic's.

I tried it three times in my corner tank (in which i've never had a plant fail) and it did not work on all occasions. They were sourced straight off the plane from Dennerle too (via a local shop i mentioned earlier in this thread).

The best i managed was a plant struggling along with stable leaves for a few months then it died off.

Saying that I wasn't using the best substrate, so that could be the difference.

highly recommend watermarque, top quality and big plants. the bolbitis they sent me was MASSIVE. also, you might get a free plant too.

It was the Dennerle ones I tried and failed with. From my experience i'd put this into the "hard to grow" category of plants.

Again thou, i'd love to see photos of it all grown out. As it really is quite special.

7977128814_7426363520_b.jpg
flamengo by Radik2, on Flickr

a bit in algae but it is shrimp tank so no heavy fert or co2. Substrate is sand. It is 10cm tall now and this is just 1/4 of pot other 3 portions are planted elsewhere.

Radik said:
7977128814_7426363520_b.jpg
flamengo by Radik2, on Flickr

a bit in algae but it is shrimp tank so no heavy fert or co2. Substrate is sand. It is 10cm tall now and this is just 1/4 of pot other 3 portions are planted elsewhere.

That is just ace. :D

Im surprised its gone so well. Did you get heavy melt on first planting?

Back