• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm planted... Home alone

Mark Evans said:
Also, I do know that some 1-2 grow species can take a while longer to 'settle' in.

:woot: Thats a little worrying. Is there a list of which ones this relates to, as I was contemplating using the 1 2 grow range when I plan my new scape.

Antipofish said:
Thats a little worrying.

I wouldnt take too far out of context. It's really not that much of an issue.

My lights are really quite dim when compared to past layouts when i've used HC. My co2 is not pumping out like it used to. I dose 6ml of the new Tropica ferts everyday....in 360L These things add up.

I think, if i were to put 2 x 150w MH on for an hour or 2 per day i'd have the lushest carpet ever.

Mark Evans said:
Antipofish said:
Thats a little worrying.

I wouldnt take too far out of context. It's really not that much of an issue.

My lights are really quite dim when compared to past layouts when i've used HC. My co2 is not pumping out like it used to. I dose 6ml of the new Tropica ferts everyday....in 360L These things add up.

I think, if i were to put 2 x 150w MH on for an hour or 2 per day i'd have the lushest carpet ever.

OK, just when you said there were some 12grow known to be slow to take I was a little worried. Thanks for clarifying.

tim said:
Lovely scape mark I especially like the subtle changes in the shades of green as your eye is drawn across the scape really stunning

Thanks mate. I do though see many things that dont look right. The left side could have been stronger and match the right side a little more.

I dont have the heart to go into the tank to move things around.

From this pic, you can see the HC bushing. Part of it (which you cant see yet) is carpeting. It[s all looking healthy.

The riccia could be an issue. It came in by accident in the moss. A easy carbo nuke would see that off.

7964268936_5669bb8455_b.jpg
6-weeks-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Gary Nelson said:
How many Armano shrimp would you say you have in this tank Mark?

Theres about 40 or so Gary,maybe more and over 100 cherries. A few ottos, gouramis for the surface, barbs to peck at wood and stuff, and single hill stream loach....i'll add to the hill stream loach.

Incredible video collection, ive never seen anything like the plant health in that 90cm!

Ady34 said:
Incredible video collection, ive never seen anything like the plant health in that 90cm!

Thanks Ady. Next weekend i'm going to do a proper video of this set up. Backgrounds and everything. :thumbup:

Glad you liked the other vids too.

Mark,...i just don't know what to say mate. You have an amazing talent for freshwater tanks & nature photography. :D

Thanks Fazial. Really kind of you.

The tank is running fine. Moss is looking nice. Nothing real major to report. The tank is just ticking over.

Siphoning the moss keeps it in excellent shape.

The not so bonsai,"Ammania bonsai" needs trimming. :lol:

7989062234_717c4f8a45_b.jpg
moss-tastic by saintly's pics, on Flickr

To go with the above image, here's an image from this morning. It's the 8 week stage.

Check my you tube page for a more produced video of this tank.

7991069712_f860697831_b.jpg
8-WEEKS by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm planted... @ 8 weeks

Clean and Crisp :thumbup: to Mark
Excellent work....regarding HC..seem to recall someone having better success growing it at lower temperatures.
You don't use a heater so could be one of the keys...to healthy HC.
Cheers
hoggie

looks great mate, really does.

get us a new vid up sometime.

hogan53 said:
seem to recall someone having better success growing it at lower temperatures.

Yeah, always does better in lower temps. :D

Here's a final vid for the week. Ignore reflections and slight brown on outlet (right side) :oops:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm planted... @ 8 weeks with vid

Yeah its alright..........................................................................................Jealouse! This tank is amazing!!

Back