• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Why you should use jubilee clips!!!

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Just got a call from the house mate, rushed home to see this!
:woot: :silent:

IMG_3345.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

100ltrs :( Eheim 5000 pump pushed the outlet pipe off. Had a jubilee clip round the tube but seems i didnt tighten it up during installation. :oops:

Dont tell dave (somethingfishy) its his dads house :shh:
sleep well everyone :lol:

BUGGER indeed mate ! Sorry to see. Have had that happen in the past and its not nice to have to clean up. Hope that there were no fish losses :(

Oh No!! This kind of incident gives me nitemares. I lost about 10 litres and that was bad enough. :oops: If it ever happened on this scale id have to kiss goodbye to the hobby! I've been warned by the wife. :lol:

Jeez...time to hire/beg/borrow/steal a wet and dry vacuum methinks!

S**t!!!
That's not nice to see, at least you seem to have seen the funny side and wrote your more tame expletives on the wet floor!
Hope it hasn't caused too much damaged and you get it sorted.
:idea: Must go and check those hose clips.

Can only laugh or cry lol house mate didn't find it so funny.
Hoovered 8 times, damp to the touch but will run a dehumidifier for a week then wash the carpet. Been putting it of anyway.
Early start tomorrow to get it all running again.

This kind of makes me feel better, as I dropped a bucket in the bath doing a water change and smashed a hole in it last weekend lol. That was one expensive water change.

Did you manage to save the livestock or did they all die?

I was in the same situation a month ago, 700l tank and the bottom seam burst. Wrecked 4k's worth of oak flooring and my 40'' sony tv. Insurance have covered the costs though.

Been there and done that with a tank in the conservatory, Drained 1/4 of the 400g all over it.

Back