• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass non return valves.

jamesb

When I first set up my co2 system I bought a gush glass non return valve. When I set this up I had canister, reg and solenoid, tubing, non return valve, tubing, bubble counter, tubing then atomiser. Every time I filled up the bubble counter the water would just leak out of the valve. I gave up assuming being hand made I had been unlucky and got a faulty one and got it refunded. I had an old plastic non return valve from my air pump which although not designed for co2 use worked properly so it stayed. I came home from working away and at some point something has gone wrong. The plastic non return valve has popped off both sections of tubing and now let's air and water travel both ways. I went to Lfs today and bought an aquagro glass non return valve gone to set it up and again it leaks air and water whichever way I have the valve. Am I doing something wrong or am I unluck with nr valves?

Re: Glass non return valves.

blow into the non return valve, if it lets air through in both direction, then it is faulty. sounds like you have a system problem .

atomiser.... too much pressure building up in the system. which reg ?

Easy aqua duel gauge with built in solenoid. Yep it goes both ways but that must make me the most unlucky person to buy 2 co2 nr valves and have 2 faulty.

Running at about 3 bar I think

It's a up inline atomiser

Will that fit on standard co2 tubing?

Hoggie, you are awesome!!! You always find exactly what I am after you are a superstar!!!!

jamesb said:
Will that fit on standard co2 tubing?
Yes mate will fit okay...they are better than the plastic ones.
Sometimes these even leak over time so buy a few...i would put the configuration like this.
Reg :arrow: Co2 Tube :arrow: NRV :arrow: BC :arrow: Co2 tube :arrow: NRV two or three inches from the atomiser :arrow: Atomiser.
Never had much problems firing up the atomiser when a Non Return Valve is just before the Atomiser.
Be it Glass or the UP Atomiser.
hoggie

jamesb said:
Running at about 3 bar I think
You could try reducing the working pressure to about 2 bar if you can.
hoggie

Back