• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rob's 300L Perigean Beach

Re: Rob's 300L Perigean Beach (week 4)

pariahrob said:
Here's a quick iPhone photo, just to show the flowers that have sprung up from my crinum. They shoot up like rockets!

7840283096_38a783765e_b.jpg

looking good mate, and that looks more like an aponogeton flower. :thumbup:

Re: Rob's 300L Perigean Beach (week 8)

ooh, now you mention it I think you might be right! Doh!

Harry, which pogo is it you have again? If it's helferi that can be a slow grower. You'll find you get shoots off to the side of the main stem rather than lots of height.
If it's erectus though with everything in order it should be like a bottle rocket!

Well, not strictly an update on this tank but it is doing well. My apistos are starting their little rituals and coloured up beautifully. I will try and get some photos of them, as they do look great.

For now here is a peek at my marine tank. Just a couple of hermit crabs. My mrs is happy as she picked out the black and white shell one moved into.

7888624474_affe136979_b.jpg

Now the hermit is in a designer shell you can sell him for £25 !!! LOL. Nice images Rob :thumbup: Your apistos are doing their thang ? GIT !! Whats your tds ? I bet mine are sulking cos the hardness is too high.

pariahrob said:
Lol, designer? I'll tell my mrs you said that. She always said she had taste.

No idea. I haven't checked this week. I'll test tomorrow and let you know.

Yeah butter her up and maybe I will get a nice meal when I visit instead of a "pariahrob" cuppa :p :lol:

Well, I added my cherries yesterday. I had planned on just adding 20-30 but in the end there were closer to 60. I lifted the moss in the cherry tank and there was a proper army under there!

It took hours getting them all out and had to resort to a pipette to get the smallest fleas out! The little ones were directed back into the moss once I'd moved it to this tank. Now I need to decide what I'm going to do with the 25L tank. My kid sister wants to keep fish now but I think it's too small for her.

Ideas on a postcard!

I think its too small for a youngster too Rob. However, how about a brackish set up and try breeding Amanos ?

pariahrob said:
Things still progressing nicely. This is how things stand right now, with a quick and dirty iphone photo.

7783468034_6c785fbb34_b.jpg

Hey Rob,

Not looked at your thread for a while - loving the progress. Its pretty stunning. Congrats.

Phil

Thanks! I'll be posting more photos soon. It's developed a bit more recently. No big changes but still looking ok.
The little island in the sand has become home to around 20 amanos. No idea but they all migrated en masse!

Needs another trim already too!

Update time. I'm prepping for a big photoshoot soon, so thought it would be nice to get a few quick shots now.

8030185769_35d37ba88b_c.jpg

8030179784_afe6c6d8c9_b.jpg

Tank is maturing nicely. Always a bit of spread from the soil, as the sterbai like to rummage in the night but otherwise I'm very happy. Looks like I need a bit of a trimming session too. Always easier to see in photos than when I walk past.

Stunning Rob, it's filled in very nicely and a great photo of the shrimp and moss.

Rob its truly lovely mate. You have achieved so much in such a short amount of time. Love the fire red over on the right of the first pic. Would love to see more red plants in there but thats my choice. Was looking at my tank tonight and thinking the same thing.

Your stem growth and thickness in there is phenomenal, you must be well pleased with the plants.

To stop the soil spillage you might consider planting something along the line.. maybe some eleocharis sp mini or pogostemon helferi, or even some carefully controlled blyxa (it can take off but if you trim out the growth you could keep it restricted. It would create a barrier to stop the soil spilling onto the sand; i know what a PITA it is dealing with that.

Back