• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first real aquascape 30x30x60 cm, 54 l

jvcdk

Seedling
Hello there. I've been lurking this forum for more than half a year while slowly assembling all I need for a planted aquarium. I love the iwagumi style and wanted to try making a scape with rocks as a focal point.

My aquarium is 54 litres, 60 x 30 x 30 cm. I have a 2 x 24 watt ho-T5 light. My substrate is Tropica plant substrate capped with a 1-2mm gravel. I want to have a carpet of glossostigma elatinoides with Co2 infusion from a DIY yeast setup. I might want a couple of taller plants to go in between the rocks. I was a bit inspired by the Chinese region Zhangjiajie https://www.google.com/search?num=1...0.0.136.136.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.-I9EZRx8uX4

I went to the beach to find stones of a similar kind (They are grey when dry, but dark grey/black when submerged), both to save a bit of money and to give it a local uniqueness. I want to make a steep elevation in the back, mostly behind the big rocks on the right. I have about 4 litres of gravel to put in there once I decide on the setup. One problem I see is that the biggest rock might be too large for an aquarium of this size, but covering the base of it with gravel might help mitigate that impression. I would love any advice you have, critique on my choice of rocks and placement. I have more rocks of different to use but found these the most interesting.
y7Wip.jpg
OlwXq.jpg
cuZxP.jpg

THAT IS a lot of light for 54 litres.. the diy co2 might not be enough to supply demand. as for rocks, they can easily be made to look smaller by plants.

How about if I lift up the light a bit from the tank? I was going to make a light stand raising it 10 cm above the rim. Perhaps I should lift it up further? I might also put a cover on it made from acrylic, but I don't know if that will affect the light.

see how it goes. but you might have to raise it a bit. time will tell

0YVAs.jpg

Lh3wf.jpg

I have shaped the substrate to my liking and I'm pretty happy with the lively feel of it now. A lily pipe set has been ordered from Hong Kong and next I will put together a yeast system. Next up: Plants! :)

Weres more ? Just as I start to get into watching the tank develop .i would love to see how this tank looks now . It has a slight stone henge feel to it .

Back