• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90x45x45 Optiwhite : Thread Finished

A

Antipofish

Hi Guys,

Well an amazing opportunity to acquire an Optiwhite tank (and a LOT of fancy equipment) came up. So I bit the bullet and drove a 400 mile roundtrip to pick it (and its flora and fauna inhabitants) up.

Having sold some of the equipment to purchase more relevant stuff for my planted tank, I am now about to work on rescaping big time. The image below is similar to how I received it. Actually, its not as good ! But then I did remove most of the plants it came with as they needed TLC and I don't have the time or inclination for that at present.

So, what you see is a makeshift home for my fish. But I am intending to turn it into a soft water planted environment that will play home to certain apistogrammas and pelvicachromis which will (in rotation) be swapped out into my breeding tank. This will also be another journal as I am hoping for it to be somewhat of a biotope. But thats another story, lol.

Anyway, I will detail my rescape when I am at a stage to forge on, but for now I have taken a couple of pics to be getting on with. The first is a FTS and the second is of a Pelvicachromis Taeniatus (Edea) male which is quite simply STUNNING !! Enjoy...

Full Tank Shot
FTSoptiwhite.jpg

Male Pelvicachromis Taeniatus (Edea)
PTEdeaMale1.jpg

In my next post I will set down some of the equipment specs for all you technogeeks like me :)

Re: 90x45x45 Optiwhite (not yet named)

Troi said:
Nice...don't you just love it when a plan comes together :!:

Thanks Tim. Sure do. It is still well and truly a plan in the making, but I am chuffed with it all the same

stuworrall said:
nice and cracking fish! Whats the light above?

Cheers Stu. Yes, he is unbelievably colourful and quite a character. I may even have to think of a name for him. :) The light is a TMC Aquabeam 1000ND. A bit underpowered on its own IMO and I have a second one coming this week, having sold the two 1500XG's that the tank came with. I realise the plants would have been happy with them but I did not like the colour rendition they produced. Could have kept them for any future marine plans but if that should ever transpire I would consider something like the Giesemann Teszla.

Looks great Chris. That is a stunning fish.

If you get a chance get a teszla. They are amazing lights. Pieces of art before they're even switched on. There is a wireless controller coming for them too, so you can adjust from iPhone/ipad/smartphone, as well as a computer.

pariahrob said:
Looks great Chris. That is a stunning fish.

If you get a chance get a teszla. They are amazing lights. Pieces of art before they're even switched on. There is a wireless controller coming for them too, so you can adjust from iPhone/ipad/smartphone, as well as a computer.

Cheers mate. Its a lovely light, there is no doubt. Do you know what the spread is with them ?

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Nice Chris :) Very nice!.

Background happening ?

Hi Kris, Thanks. At this stage I don't consider it 'my scape" although I have adjusted it from the original (and better) scape. Unfortunately when the plants were removed before collection and dragon stone removed, the scape ended. But thats fine to be honest, as its all about making this my tank now.

Background. Hmm. Well it does need something, but I am not sure what at the moment. I may go for the opaque background. But I do like black too. But that kind of clashes with the point of having an optiwhite tank to me.

Alastair said:
Looking good Chris really nice effect from the LED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Alastair, second one arriving Wednesday :thumbup: Will then suspend nicely.

jackrythm said:
mate! love the fish! its very different from your usual aquascape fish! love it! you got any more info on it?

Thanks. This is true, but I am really getting into the fish again as much as the scape. When I began scaping the fish were the "accessories" almost. That has turned full table and now I am going to be doing the scape to suit the fish more. I realise this may restrict me somewhat but I will just have to try harder :)

so what is its actual name? and where the hell did u buy it? does this limit you to shrimp and snails etc? how big do they get? its by far the most colourful tropical fish I have seen.... Im assuming its tropical??!

jackrythm said:
so what is its actual name? and where the hell did u buy it? does this limit you to shrimp and snails etc? how big do they get? its by far the most colourful tropical fish I have seen.... Im assuming its tropical??!

I haven't named him yet. 8) I bought him at the auction at the recent BCA convention. He is wild caught. He wont get a lot bigger and yes it limits me to Amano shrimp (which I have no problem with) and snails; well I only have assassins in my tank :) Yes he is most definitely tropical... from West Africa.

I have a pair of them but must be slightly different cause on the male the flame esk patterning covers his whole tail?
They are a stunning pair but due to a soonish rescape i will be letting them go :(

If you want them chris they are yours i would really prefer that to taking them back to my lfs

somethingfishy said:
I have a pair of them but must be slightly different cause on the male the flame esk patterning covers his whole tail?
They are a stunning pair but due to a soonish rescape i will be letting them go :(

If you want them chris they are yours i would really prefer that to taking them back to my lfs

Thats very kind of you. I have sent you a PM mate.

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Opaque/frosted would look pretty nice Chris.

Cheers. Yes I am thinking that may be the way to go to obscure the pipework, although the cable wont be there soon as I will be suspending the twin tiles.

pariahrob said:
Not sure exactly but I could always bring it with me when I visit. Wrong colours but you would get a good idea.

Oh and stop putting lipstick on your fish. They may look colourful to everybody else but I know better ;) :shh:

Hahaha you're such a wag :p You only know its lipstick cos its the same colour you use :lol: 8)

Right. The psycho tetras from hell are now safely back at the pet shop and can annihilate themselves there. For some reason the 7 strong group of Columbian red fins I got had some kind of deathwish. They fought among themselves and ended up killing one of their own within 24 hours. Never seen such outrageous behaviour. Has anyone else come across this with them ? Pity cos they looked great. (When they would rest a while and act like normal fish).

Back