• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Switching to EI dosing...please help!

curefan

Hi all,
Ok, this Tropica stuff is costing me too much!
So EI it is. Sorry in advance for any questions that have been probably asked a million times before.

First of all my tank is about 560L. Am I right in assuming that in a tank this size it would be easier to dose dry??

I got a link from this board somewhere and this is what it spit out for me to dose dry:

Day 1 - 1.5 tsp KNO3, 0.5 tsp KH2PO4, 3.5 tsp MGSO4
Day 2 - 0.5 tsp Trace
Day 3 - Same as D1
Day 4 - Same as D2
Day 5 - Same as D1
Day 6&7 - Rest.

Does this look right?

I know you used to be able to get all this stuff on Aquaessentials, but I cant see it on their website anymore! Any suggestions/links on where to get all this in the one place?

Thanks, Dave.

curefan said:
Ok, this Tropica stuff is costing me too much!
Welcome to the desert of The Real.....
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmXUAbVEbfLCbIhwe8tX7OF0LbHzeEhpkSNw4wA7ZFg9DAKIGo.jpg

curefan said:
So EI it is. Sorry in advance for any questions that have been probably asked a million times before.
1,256,381....and counting...

curefan said:
First of all my tank is about 560L. Am I right in assuming that in a tank this size it would be easier to dose dry??
Correct!!

curefan said:
I got a link from this board somewhere and this is what it spit out for me to dose dry:

Day 1 - 1.5 tsp KNO3, 0.5 tsp KH2PO4, 3.5 tsp MGSO4
Day 2 - 0.5 tsp Trace
Day 3 - Same as D1
Day 4 - Same as D2
Day 5 - Same as D1
Day 6&7 - Rest.

Does this look right?
Yep. To make it even easier just round up to the nearest teaspoon so that you get 2, 1 and 4.

curefan said:
I know you used to be able to get all this stuff on Aquaessentials, but I cant see it on their website anymore! Any suggestions/links on where to get all this in the one place?
Check either of our other sponsors AquariumPlantFood or FluidSensorOnline

Cheers,

Thanks Ceg.....God, it is actually easier than I thought all along :)

I wonder why AE stopped stocking it!

Back