• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jagz`s Rio Jungle

jagz said:
hi guys ,

i have spoke with bigone on pm, and the way i would do it personally is to move the back panel all the way to the one side behind the cupboard that he intends on keeping, if there still is not enough room to fit the filter to the side of it i would take off a inch or 2 from that panel to make room,

moveing all the holes forward seems alot more work than is needed,

hope this helps

Ric
that's what i was trying to suggest however sometimes i struggle to write those thoughts down clearly lol :)

yea i understood what you was saying and that is how i would do it if my filters were bigger

ok guys

so i have had a little change about with things the java fern has now gone from the rear left corner, also the stargrass has turned up and is now in, also my new drop checkers come from china and all is going well with them, im still having problems with co2 so tonight i have ordered a new reg and hopefully that will solve the issue i have been having here viewtopic.php?f=37&t=23252

so here are the pics then, all these pics have been taken tonight

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

hope you enjoy, as always critism is welcome also, oh and the white stuff on the wood was what was left from super glue after having a little change about

Looking good Jagz, the sp.japan and glosso seem to be perking up already... looking forward to seeing how this progresses :thumbup:

yea i think they will be fine when this co2 issue is sorted

hopefully wont be long for the new reg to come

Looking good, especially like the P Erectucs, great looking plant.

cheers guys, yea i think it looks quite nice too, i just cant wait for the plants to fill in now

Just fitted the Eheim 2180 and Helix 36W into my rio 180 cabinet. Thanks for the help! :)

bigone said:
Just fitted the Eheim 2180 and Helix 36W into my rio 180 cabinet. Thanks for the help! :)

good stuff you will have to get a journal on the go,

Well i think it is time for a update on this,

So after lots of problems with hair algae the glosso and the hair grass had to be pulled out as it was getting just to bad to deal with and i could not get rid of it, so when i took out the glosso and hair grass i started dosing easy carbo at 20ml per day and then slowed up`d it to 30ml per day i have been doing this for about 10 - 14 days and i can now say the hair algae has finally gone, but i do have a big open patch at the front of the tank now, this will be for some HC in the next few weeks when i get hold of some.

I have also had a few problems with the CO2 which i thought was the Regulator and solenoid so i brought a new reg and a aquamedic solenoid and all now seems perfect and i have a regular and even supply of CO2 now which im happy with.

So tonight i took some picture before i did my water change and did some trimming and things seem to be growing in quite a bit , so these pics are before the trim and i will add more pics tomorrow when the lights are back on to show the little trimming and re planting i have done,

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

So hope you enjoy and ill get another lot up tomorrow when i get chance

Cheers

Wow. Tank is looking good and you look to have your setup sorted. :thumbup:

I have rio and that's a great mod on the cabinet. Seems so simple. My tetratec 1200 is sat beside my tank like an eyesore. Time to sort that out. :D

How do you find the akadama substrate? Is that the double red?

Just been having another gander... Looks great mate. Have you fixed the electrics on that solenoid yet ! :woot:

Would love to see some more pics of "under the bonnet" :)

And the sequence of plant images... hows about a label above each of them so newbies (and dopey gits like me who cant remember a plant half the time) can see what they all are ?

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Back