• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter Guard

Hi there, a little more expensive (£8.99 i think), but forum sponsor Aquarium Plant Food uk has Gush ones, have a look on their website :thumbup:
Edit: Just ordered 17mm one myself and noticed the smaller one is out of stock, pm John there and he'll give you an idea of when theyll be back in.

Cheers to you both,i'll order the ebay ones then if it comes with LD sign of approval it'll do me :thumbup:

does anyone happen to know if it will be the 16mm and 12mm i would need for a tetra tec ex1200 and tetra tec ex700?

steve2tanks said:
does anyone happen to know if it will be the 16mm and 12mm i would need for a tetra tec ex1200 and tetra tec ex700?
Whats the size of the pipes for both of those?

steve2tanks said:

As far as i know you need a 17mm filterguard for both models because of the tetratec spec piping. Otherwise ex 700 is a 13 mm model, but i had to replace a guard because the small one not fitted to the pipe from GUSH

I've just received the ebay one(took couple of weeks) and it was too small for my fluval piping which is 17mm. I took out the rubber ring that sits around the hole, cut it in half, and then put it back in. That was sufficient to allow my pipe in while still getting enough grip to hold it in place. Is working great but is really fine. I can see some snail poo stuck outside the mesh...

Back