• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IM BACK- Nature's River by Harry Robinson

Re: Nature's River By Harry Robinson (Grown in)

The Perspective on the scape is great, looks alot bigger than its actual size.
With your Four Leaf Clover, have you found it has stopped sending out very tall stems. Mine has and is staying low to the substrate now. Although I am using a marginal pond variety.

Hi Harry. I am especially interested in your DIY LED lamp setup. I am looking for where you purchased the wall double lamp fitting from as I can't find it online. You mention it costs £9.99 in another thread. If you still have that information and could pass it on I would appreciate it, thanks!

It's worth looking around for the light fitting. I got a nice one for £5 on eBay. Just need to wire the plug in. Easy. The bulbs are the most expensive part.

Thanks for the feedback, I have ordered the lamp wazuck linked "Lloytron 2 50w GU10 Halogen Spot Light Fitting Mains" for future reference if anyone else searches this thread.

Fantastic tank Harry :)

Scape makes it appears much bigger than it really is, well done.

Ok lads so its been over a month since ive posted an update on here of this tank and i have to say im liking the look of it alot, there is still a little left growing to do with the erectus but its coming along nicely IMO ;) I haven't been posting for a while either because for some reason i wasn't allowed to login for over 2 weeks!

Throughout this month i have been fighting a battle with hair algae, i first saw it just after my last update and then it took off, i have been removing it as i see it and need some advice on how to get rid of it, guys?

As always here are the updated pictures and a comparison between a month ago and now :D

8059342450_6b411a368f_b.jpg
in situ by Harry.R, on Flickr

8059341806_05cf57ed81_b.jpg
left to right by Harry.R, on Flickr

8059341488_4e6c7e75f9_b.jpg
right to left by Harry.R, on Flickr

FTS Today 06-10-12
8059342784_22487c38f0_b.jpg
FTS 06-10-12 by Harry.R, on Flickr
Compared to a month ago..
7982677127_e44921dc56_b.jpg
FTS aquatics live 2012 by Harry.R, on Flickr

Looks absolutely stunning Harry, bet your well pleased with how it's turned out.

All with the power of liquid carbon too, can you update me on the tank volume and your dosage of lc please.
Any livestock in there yet?
Cheerio
Ady

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Looking great mate ! :D
Thanks matey, yours is looking quite the part too :)
motionless said:
Looks great. What's the plant center left?
Thanks, and it crytocoryne wendtii green :)
Ady34 said:
Looks absolutely stunning Harry, bet your well pleased with how it's turned out.

All with the power of liquid carbon too, can you update me on the tank volume and your dosage of lc please.
Any livestock in there yet?
Cheerio
Ady
Thanks alot Ady! Yeah im definitely pleased with it, not bad for a 16 year old :p

The tank is 15l and i dose 1ml TPN+ and 2ml EC Daily.

No i Dont have any livestock as of yet but i cant wait to get some in!
pariahrob said:
I've not stopped by for a while and I love the progress! It's coming along really well Harry.
I bet you're pleased?
Nice to hear from you again rob! :) Thanks for the appreciation, and yes i'm very pleased with it however there is one problem with the tank, which i will explain here:

Okay so after removing the hair algae i had before, it has yet again returned, which is what i expected. I'm wanting to know if there any definite little tricks i can do to remove it, it hate the look of it! I wish i had an algae free scape such as the ones Mark produces! Here are some pictures of it:

8094542269_8897e3f578_z.jpg
PA165391 by Harry Robinson1, on Flickr

8094547056_ab0f4e7644_z.jpg
PA165392 by Harry Robinson1, on Flickr

Once again, Thanks for all of the comments, much appreciated. :wave:

ianho said:
have you got a clean up crew in there??

Nooo, that may be the problem!

easerthegeezer said:
hay harry, tank is looking very smart. Any daylight on the tank? Discovered last week that now the sun is lower in the sky it was hitting my nano and hear algae popped up, blocked the light hitting it and has faded away.

Thanks :D, and no my tank receives no daylight what so ever :)

ghostsword said:
That is an awesome scape dude..

Why not lower the lighting period and get some amanos in there?

Thanks Ghost, much appreciated :D And that sounds like a plan! Anywhere online i can get amanos cheap? ;)

Firstly, let me start by saying that this is an excellent scape.

I've gone through the whole journal, and it appears your not injecting CO2 right?....
You've done exceptionaly well in doing what you've done.

The algae issues, IMO, stem from low co2 and too higher light intensity.

Adding an algae crew would help for sure, but I can run a tank with no algae crew and not run into issues. So you need to get things correct without an algae crew.

If you're not running co2, I'd maybe suggest putting the flow from left to right instead of back to front. The algae seem to be directly in the flow. On a high co2 setup this may not be an issue, but my belief is that a non co2 tank should have a slower form of water movement. My tanks don't over rely on flow these days and they're happier for it.

Your on a fine line at the moment, but certainly, with what I can see, a line you'd do well stepping over....into co2 territory.

very well done.

Back