• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm planted... @ 8 weeks with vid

Thanks for the feedback chaps.

Here's an update after tonights trim.The stems are bushing out in the back. I've chopped the ammania bonsai down from about 25cm tall.

It's been left alone for nearly 2 weeks. This last week, it hasnt had ferts. Proof to myself, that the past tanks in which i underdosed, were'nt just flukes.

I may just get the flash units out soon, and take some proper photo's

8036809120_e66389383c.jpg
after-trim-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Cheers Tony. Look forward to it. I'm working on a gas terminal this week, so leave a message and i'll call you back in the evening! :thumbup:

Another week of no dosing. :geek:

Jesus that's f@&king amazing if I got greeted by that at the bottom of my stairs I would never make it to work and I would move it to in front of the tv a much better watch than X factor I aspire to have my tank looking that good

Great as usual! I like the moss and how it overgrown the stones! Very natural feeling! :thumbup:

This last week, it hasnt had ferts. Proof to myself, that the past tanks in which i underdosed, were'nt just flukes.

Hi Mark
Can you outline your fertilizer dosing schedule (what, when, how much)?

MIKE

You have to go to the flickr page and see the large image..

The detail is amazing.. the small patches of riccia in between the moss, the sacrificial stones, that is all taken by our brain, but in the whole picture it brings the natural feel, only when you look closely does it become clear..

Also, on the right, the tall slim echinodorus, with the immaculateness of the twig in front, creates an amazing sense of depth.. but the left looks closer to you, so it is a mind bend trying to figure out for a couple of seconds that this is man made.. those little nuances is what makes this tank look so natural, our brains mark it as a natural, chaotic, piece of nature, and in nature even chaos has order.. :) I wish I could put it to words properly..

ghostsword said:
The detail is amazing.. the small patches of riccia in between the moss, the sacrificial stones, that is all taken by our brain, but in the whole picture it brings the natural feel, only when you look closely does it become clear..

Also, on the right, the tall slim echinodorus, with the immaculateness of the twig in front, creates an amazing sense of depth.. but the left looks closer to you, so it is a mind bend trying to figure out for a couple of seconds that this is man made.. those little nuances is what makes this tank look so natural, our brains mark it as a natural, chaotic, piece of nature, and in nature even chaos has order.. I wish I could put it to words properly..

Thanks mate. That means a lot. I wasnt sure if people were looking at it.

mvasingh said:
Can you outline your fertilizer dosing schedule (what, when, how much)?

Saturday and sunday. 6ml Tropica spealisied ferts.

hydrophyte said:
That is looking great Mark!

Cheers mate.

Antoni said:
Great as usual! I like the moss and how it overgrown the stones! Very natural feeling!

Should look better once finished :)

b1zbaz said:
Jesus that's f@&king amazing if I got greeted by that at the bottom of my stairs I would never make it to work and I would move it to in front of the tv a much better watch than X factor I aspire to have my tank looking that good

I dont get chance to see it that often. Working away means i have to imagine what it looks like, and what it might be like when i get home. :lol:

Pristine!

Still just running the 2x T5 Mark?, with your light unit about 10-12" above the water surface?
If all the above is about right, does this mean your able to run your dc a little less than lime green, or do you still max it?
You never seem to have any c02 mist in your photos, do you wait to take your pics when c02 is off or do you get full dissoloution? (if dissolution is even a word!)

Looking great :clap:
Anything different going on in the 90cm at the minute, did you resolve the fallen rock issue?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ady34 said:
Still just running the 2x T5 Mark?, with your light unit about 10-12" above the water surface?

Yes, just the 2 t5 lamps. Theyre about 16 inches or so away from the surface.

Ady34 said:
You never seem to have any c02 mist in your photos, do you wait to take your pics when c02 is off or do you get full dissoloution?

I take the pics after co2. I still have the 'mist' once the co2 is running.

Ady34 said:
Anything different going on in the 90cm at the minute

Yes mate. I've got a layout thats abou 5 weeks old now. All 1-2 grow :)

Here's a couple of pics from today of the 120cm

8079789879_fbd30ec34a_b.jpg
12-weeks by saintly's pics, on Flickr

8079783334_c393277aec_b.jpg
12-weeks-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

looks great mate, there has been loads of change since the last shots. Love the different textures in the foreground. I really like this layout.

ianho said:
looks great mate, there has been loads of change since the last shots. Love the different textures in the foreground. I really like this layout.

A few more weeks and this will be done. I'm getting ready for the next layout.

A side shot...

8080236854_d617d4f00f_b.jpg
side-3 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

love the little sneak preview in the corner as well ; )

Looking forward to seeing this, this weekend.

ianho said:
love the little sneak preview in the corner as well ; )

It's doing OK. slow, but OK. The kettles full and ready :lol:

It's been 3 weeks now in which the 120cm has had just 36ml of ferts. The same frequency for the 90cm...but less ferts.

Saw this scape in reality today, it's a monster, the pics don't give this scape it's true beastliness. The plant health is second to none, the mosses are in fact the best moss specimens i have seen (probably ever). Some awesome fish added today as well, something a little different for Mark i reckon.

well done on this one mate, you should be proud of this one. :thumbup:

Back