• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Riccia

copdodger

Seedling
Just purchased some riccia I intend to use as a carpet and maybe attached to some bogwood by means of glue..but will my Plecoptera ,swordtails,eat it. New to plants hence question thanx ..

Ha! OK will they eat your riccia.. no they won't buddy. Lol sorry. Bit slow today! The may nip at it if there is food or debris attached but this has never been an issue. My fish graze on my riccia as do my shrimp :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hi there and welcome to UKAPS.

By Plecoptera I presume you mean Plecostomus? If so, your Riccia on wood won't last very long as most Plecos tend to lie and graze on the wood. If he grazes on wood with superglue fixed to it then i'm sure that it will be less than ideal for the little fella so personally I won't bother. This obviously only applies if you meant Plecostomus, if you didn't then i'm sure it will be fine, I would however suggest fixing the Riccia to your wood using fishing line or a hair net.

Back