• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 is set up....

leecasey

Seedling
...but I have a couple of questions!

1. Diffuser / bubble counter
may be a stupid question but will that diffuser slowly fill itself up so I can count the bubbles better? Or do I need to try and get more water in there manually? Any tips?

2012-10-15%2013.14.25.jpg

2. Check Valve
Little concerned with the amount of water in the check valve already, I guess thats a good sign its doing its job anyway, is this something I should worry about? Does it matter if its slightly angled like that? I am waiting for more suction cups to arrive to straighten it up? I was also thinking about adding some slack to my tubing which goes into my solenoid so if water does creep down I will see it gathering in the hanging slack before it enters the regulator/solenoid.

2012-10-15%2013.16.22.jpg

2012-10-15%2012.53.22.jpg

Not used that type of diffusor so cant answer that one. Im also not a fan of those check valves and if i was my set up I would feel happier with a "normal" style check valve in the cabinet to protect the solenoid. I always like a bit of slack in any tubing also :)

I had that exact same diffuser and found it not overly accurate for me. I had to buy a separate bubble counter. All bubble counters are of different sizes so I can't speak for all of them. Just the one I have is identical to mine. Also randomly your checker was the same till my one snapped because they decided to make it from glass! So I went back to basic plastic eBay jobby! But then I don't know if yours is glass! That's me assuming lol
:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the replies. I managed to fill the diffuser up by attaching a small piece of tube and sucking water through it. Can count the bubbles better now.

I dont feel comfortable with just that check valve (its glass by the way) so I've ordered an additional plastic one. I'll use both as double protection.

I've also extended the line so I have a low hanging bit of slack so if any water does get past it will gather in the loop.

Also the needle valve on the UP A165 isnt very good! So I added an SMC needle valve in the line and have much better control now.

Heres a pic of the tank so far, its my first aquascape so be nice and forgive my awful wallpaper!

The plants are: (all tropica)
limnophila sessiliflora
eleocharis parvula
glossostigma elatinoides

Can anyone recommend some plants they think would look good in the tank?

2012-10-15%2016.41.19.jpg

Yeah I was going to get some of that! Can't find anything local so will order it I guess. Thanks :)

Super bit of wood mate. Looks like Redmoor root to me... I have some in mine. And that piece in particular is very nice. As a suggestion you may like to consider sloping your substrate a fair bit more from front to back. This gives the impression of depth and makes the tank look bigger in that dimension. Good luck.

Haha knew I'd get some stick regarding the wallpaper! the other 3 walls are white. Positioning fail! Think ill acrylic paint the back tomorrow was considering vinyl.

Antipofish, yeah I kept hold of that wood from my last tank. Picked it up from Aquarist Classified for £20. Have another piece I'm not using but not quite as interesting. The slope on the substrate is as steep as I could get it, even with substrate supports. I think the angle of shots hides it. I got around 5" at the back going down to 2".

leecasey said:
Also the needle valve on the UP A165 isnt very good! So I added an SMC needle valve in the line and have much better control now.

Is the UP needle valve very hard to fine tune?

Which SMC needle valve did you get?

Thanks!

Back