• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

fish for ADA60F

Deano3

Hi all i am new to the the planted tank and have a ada 60-f on order (38l), i want a iwagumi style aquarium with a nice carpet be a while before setting up juts getting a general idea on fish and what and how many i can have, i would like to have a nice shoal of fish i really like neon tetras , i was hoping i could have

shoal of neon tetras or something similar
move my betta in there but not sure if would be aggressive ?
and some sort of clean up crew
Assasin snail

would any of this work
Thanks Dean

they look nice but not as many beautiful colours as neon tetras, are neons a lot bigger ? how many of the fish i listed would you recomend ? would the tetras and a betta get on ok in that teank etc

Thanks Dean

Nice tank size, I prefer cardinals over neons due to the red line extending from nose to tail Id try 10 or so Its a pretty shallow tank so maybe something smaller like boraras brigittae may be a better choice http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/boraras-brigittae/ bettas IME get on with neons but the smallest tank Ive done this in is a 90x30x35 im not sure how it would do with the brigittae.

would cardinals work they are very nice aswel just love the neon blue and red stripe as they really snad out and do they shoal, yeah will try 10 or so forst then maybe add more would it be ok to have say 10 in shoal and a little clean up crew what would you advise for this ? snail and otto ?

ollie here amazing example of tank http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkQFfiW_aL4&hd=1

love the size
thanks Dean

would cardinals work or neons be ok in this tank size wize if i get around 10 ? also can anyone advise a clean uo crew for me please ? i want a assasin snail in there aswel

thanks Dean

Go with the cardinals, good looking fish. I'd try nerities and cherry shrip for your clean up crew.

Back