• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

ianho said:
Saw this scape in reality today, it's a monster, the pics don't give this scape it's true beastliness. The plant health is second to none, the mosses are in fact the best moss specimens i have seen (probably ever). Some awesome fish added today as well, something a little different for Mark i reckon.

well done on this one mate, you should be proud of this one. :thumbup:
Luck man Ian seeing it in the flesh!
New fish sound intriguing.....

ianho said:
Saw this scape in reality today, it's a monster, the pics don't give this scape it's true beastliness. The plant health is second to none, the mosses are in fact the best moss specimens i have seen (probably ever). Some awesome fish added today as well, something a little different for Mark i reckon.

Thanks Ian. people have only ever seen my tanks when heyre about 2 weeks old. I'm glad youve seen it when it's a little mature.

Ady34 said:
New fish sound intriguing.....

Little beauties. I've got some clown killifish. 6 in total. Surface dwellers that just love...the surface :lol:

Where are the pics of these happy clowns in their new home then Mark ? C'mon, you're slacking. I am ALWAYS lazy on the photos, but we rely on you for our image fix ;)

Now thems some STUNNING fish mate !!! Arm and a leg or not a bad price ? Not gonna ask exactly how much, lol. What size are they ? Must say, looks 'surreal' in your tank... all the better as it creates even more intrigue to draw you in to the scape :thumup:

Antipofish said:
Now thems some STUNNING fish mate !!! Arm and a leg or not a bad price ? Not gonna ask exactly how much, lol. What size are they ? Must say, looks 'surreal' in your tank... all the better as it creates even more intrigue to draw you in to the scape :thumup:

They are very attractive indeed. A new fave for me i think. They cost £20 for 6.

I have the camera on standby ready for some more images. I might do a video actually. There's some flaring from the males which looks real nice.

Thats a LOT cheaper than I would have expected, or have been prepared to pay. Nice one.

ianho said:
get a vid up, they look great mate, quite rare as well by all accounts!

I'll get a vid sorted.

Antipofish said:
Thats a LOT cheaper than I would have expected, or have been prepared to pay. Nice one.

I might get some more.

Here's how big they are...compare it to the cherry...

I really need to get the macro lens out.

8090509378_0d84565316_b.jpg
killi-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Mark those fish look horrid! They just don't suit your tank... I think you need to whip them out and give them to me :lol: only joking.... :lol: they look absolutely fab! They look great against your plants and I've not seen these fish before to be honest - really nice :thumbup:

Really nice fish Mark any idea what their lifspan is?

OllieNZ said:
Really nice fish Mark any idea what their lifspan is?

I'mnot really sure ollie, hopefully a while.

Gary Nelson said:
Mark those fish look horrid! They just don't suit your tank... I think you need to whip them out and give them to me

where do you live... :lol: i'll send em over

clonitza said:
Awesome little critters mate and some stunning photos taken with them.

cheers mate. I've been taking some inspiration from you recently

Mick.Dk said:
Nice, Mark - hope your "riccia-polluted" moss will inspire

:lol: It cam in by acident.

Actually, i have some the dark variety growing too. From a distance, you cant tell....

8100374001_c0cf3f4f90_b.jpg
riccia-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

But on closer inspection, you can see it...This is the sicking form i think.

8100381600_3aefa66f95_b.jpg
riccia-1 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Antipofish said:
You REALLY need to get the macro lens out ! LOL

I'll try to find it :)

The one (ok of many) thing I love about your scapes is your variation in texture and how well one plant blends to the one next to it. This scape is no exception Mark. :)

Yep, I guessed it was pollution. Been there - but I was always told to remove it, 'cause it polluted. Kinda liked it, myself, and hopefully your good presentation of it will make it more acceptable. It's really a good contrast-effect and stays put, as long as you trim it now and then to avoid too much updrift........... Let's see more of that around the scapes :)
- The sinking/heavy form is nice too....... but doesn't give as good a contrast. Can end up quite a "bush" in the tank, though, given time.

Awesome! I like the "pollution" :) And the Clown killies are my favorite fish at the moment - keep a pair of them and they are spawning quite often in the plants. Rising the fry though is a different story. You need to separate them if you want to get an offspring. They like to jump... :rolleyes:

Back