• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

12 liter shrimp nano final update

Re: 12 liter shrimp nano all change

hey folks little update tank ran sort of smoothly but i decided i wanted a change watching this scape evolve really made me realise how much time and effort you need to put into a scape to make it work also realised i wont be learning much from sitting looking at something im not happy with so fresh start
8097727548_9aba72c63c.jpg

been set up for a couple of days and im already finding faults with it so please feel free to add comments opinions critisicms thanks for looking

Re: 12 liter shrimp nano 12 week update

you have the idea there Tim, IMO the wood needs to be on the left hand side at more of an angle, maybe put some moss of the branches as well.

It looks loads bigger than 12l mate, you certainly have the knack to giving things a sense of depth.

In my opinion buddy, and it is just my opinion I think the positioning of the wood is spot on.. If anything a tad to the right would work more. I think with the way the formation of the branches form, centralising the wood more to the left will create an imbalance in the tank. The long branch on the left side would stretch further than the branch on the far right.. Agree with the moss idea though. Think u have cracked it though Mate :)
Nice one
Jack

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ianho said:
you have the idea there Tim, IMO the wood needs to be on the left hand side at more of an angle, maybe put some moss of the branches as well.

It looks loads bigger than 12l mate, you certainly have the knack to giving things a sense of depth.
thank you ian, the position of the wood is certainly one of the things not quite right its actually two pieces so i will have a little move around moss will be added once im happier with the position
Whitey89 said:
Looking good Tim mate! Well done
thanks nat :thumbup:
jackrythm said:
In my opinion buddy, and it is just my opinion I think the positioning of the wood is spot on.. If anything a tad to the right would work more. I think with the way the formation of the branches form, centralising the wood more to the left will create an imbalance in the tank. The long branch on the left side would stretch further than the branch on the far right.. Agree with the moss idea though. Think u have cracked it though Mate :)
Nice one
Jack

cheers jack i am inclined to agree with ian though a move to the left will maybe give the scape a more triangular shape i will have a move around at the weekend see where it goes from there your triptych cubes are coming together very nicely mate :thumbup:

That's the same size tank that I have.
u4uma4e9.jpg

Its nice to see what you have done with the space.
Keep at it :)

Nice light unit hazzer! Where u find that? What bulbs u switch it for? That would look nice above my triptych!

wazuck said:
That's the same size tank that I have.
u4uma4e9.jpg

Its nice to see what you have done with the space.
Keep at it :)
I'm finding it a nice size to work with mate what fish do you have in yours :thumbup:
HarryRobinson said:
Mines just a little bigger coming in at 15l :D

8059342450_6b411a368f_z.jpg
in situ by Harry.R, on Flickr
far too big for me Harry :p
wazuck said:
Lol jack. It's a DIY gui10 led bulb setup. I suggested them to you :/
jack your memory is awful :lol:

hi quick update the rescape of this was inspired by this post by ianho http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23474pretty amazing mini landscapes using bonsai as the focal point second one down being my favourite i dont quite think i've pulled it off and there are still quite a few things i would change but i think its now time to let the plants grow and see how it looks in a month or so
8113211441_e3cc783640.jpg

hopefully the peacock moss will take off and make this look bonsai ish :lol:
8113209525_fc54965016.jpg

as always thanks for looking all comments criticisms more than welcome :thumbup:

I was wrong.. It looks quality moved to the left! Nice one :) where u buy your peacock moss from? Is your bonsai tree real? If so. Where from?

:)

jackrythm said:
I was wrong.. It looks quality moved to the left! Nice one :) where u buy your peacock moss from? Is your bonsai tree real? If so. Where from?

:)

hey mate thanks peacock moss from an ebay seller a year or so ago the wood is some manzi i got from tom barr just tied the moss to it trying to get that bonsai feel give it a couple of weeks mate and ill post you the trimmings from the moss :thumbup:

That would be sweet! I'm sure I could give you something for it! What's the growth style like?

Cheers man!

hey folks week or so into the rescape little list of where the tanks at light still the 11 w superfish filter cristal profi e 700 about 3/4 power acrylic intake and spraybar hardscape manzi twigs and mini landscape rock substrate florabase jbl co2 kit diffused through the filter via acrylic tube and swan cigarette filter more details if requested flora riccia hc tennelus blyxa hygro sp araguaia peacock moss on the branches 3 ml ppmd + po4 daily couple of pics
8125804807_e4c73f9d37.jpg

hc melting a little i set the spray bar up on the wrong side of the tank co2 was hitting the rocks and floating up out of the tank sorting flow is a PITA even in a little tank like this :lol:
8125855491_ddc30f95ba.jpg

fts photos have become worse since using dslr so im off to read the photography section :lol:
cheers for looking :thumbup:

Back