• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GroBeam 600 - High Pitched Noise...

I also had this same issue with my 1000nd grobeams, it's not a controller issue.

After trying many settings and variations, anything apart from 0% and 100% made a high pitched whistle. it turned out to be a capacitor in the lights that protects the first LED in the unit. I found this out after speaking with TMC, I sent all units back for a modification of removing this part. It did take seven days for this and my plants didn't look great during this time.

Once re-installed they were silent on any controller value, a much happier family as it was driving us crazy.

The one drawback is that the first LED in the unit is now unprotected and just this LED would not be covered under warranty, although I was told that it was very unlikely going to have any issues.

Very happy with the support from TMC. I would say if you are unhappy with them, talk to TMC and send them to be modified.

I have old version TMC and indeed first LED went off after year. So pray it wont happen to you I suggest you do not use it on controller then. Then I got replaced TMC tile and this one has pitching noise as confirmed here on forum but I also noticed they use different LED now. Old GROBEAM 500 had warmer yellowish spectrum and new have colder spectrum.

Interesting yours failed, will keep a check and see how it goes.

I need to use the controller as I don't want to run them at 100%, I suspect the high light level may be a cause of my gda. After a 3 day blackout I intend to run them at 50% from today and see how things go. I have a thread in the algae section on this issue.

Thanks

Sorry for the thread revival, I have the same issue now that I have got rid of my canopy, the noise is unbearable. It hurts my ears.

Did your unit behave after the capacitor was removed Tebo?

Back