• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Under The Mangrove Tree.

Thank you Al!

The song is Bronte, by Gotye. The only decent song on his album! lol

just a quick one (sorry)

A few people have mentioned the mound in the front and how it detracts from the scape a little. I tried to move the substrate back this morning, but it just fell back. Got off the phone to Mark earlier and he gave me a great tip to just syphon the substrate at the front out. Hey ho it worked, no more mound.

8102793002_ed06f59a0f.jpg
mound gone by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

ianho said:
Nice tank, nice video
Cardinal tetras would look awesome in there too.
You been swiping Marks rare echinodorus plant?
Cheerio
Ady

Cheers Ady, I wish i had swiped it while he wasn't looking...thats aponogeton red in the back there.
:lol:
That's using the power of a phone to view the video on, Echinodorus or aponogeton? Easy mistake to make o_O
Love the way you just decide its time, empty, rescape and change the fish in a night or two and have a tank that looks mature :woot: great stuff.
Also prefer it without the mound in the foreground:thumbup:
Cheerio
Ady

That's using the power of a phone to view the video on, Echinodorus or aponogeton? Easy mistake to make
Love the way you just decide its time, empty, rescape and change the fish in a night or two and have a tank that looks mature great stuff.
Also prefer it without the mound in the foreground:thumbup:
Cheerio
Ady

That last tank was going for near on 5 months, i hope this one does the same TBH, if not longer, we'll see.

This will, in time, be your best layout to date i think.

thank you Mark, very much appreciated mate.

lol, thanks Dave! Good idea though mate, it could be like NHS Direct!

One week on and things are going well, fish are starting to colour up, and there is a little spread on the lilaeopsis already. The rotala is going green (not happy).

8113762802_b646cb258d.jpg
IMG_2882 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

8113755113_3d2730765f.jpg
IMG_2879 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

ianho said:
The rotala is going green (not happy).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ianho said:
and there is a little spread on the lilaeopsis already.

A good sign. After a week, you should start to see the older leaves start to yellow. Cut them down to the substrate. They'll turn into an algae magnet otherwise.

Looking great Ian, what are the new fish?

Ian, this will be quite something. There's a certain 'something' about it

It has an 'in ya face' vibe. Very powerful indeed.

With your plant growing skills and your ability to keep things clean, i have no doubt that this will be your best to date!

Looking great Ian, what are the new fish?

Thanks Ady!

they are Gold White Clouds, lovely little shoalers.

Ian, this will be quite something. There's a certain 'something' about it

It has an 'in ya face' vibe. Very powerful indeed.

With your plant growing skills and your ability to keep things clean, i have no doubt that this will be your best to date!

That means a lot mate, thank you. Gotta love Carbon and Purigen.

i still cant quite get my head around this hardscape after aquagreen but it looks so good dominating to be precise another top scape mate

Thank you Tim, your comments are really appreciated.

Hello Ian,
Let me start by saying this tank is looking very well considering its only a couple of weeks old. The growth is fantastic! Looks super healthy, well done.

Initially, however I did find the hard scape was not what I would have preferred. As I like the Manzanita and of course your previous Redmoor hardscape. I thought the bogwood style was too bulky and heavy for me.

That said, this really is looking great, are you intending to keep the carpet low and the sides clear to create an 'island' looking style scape?

Cypress are very well placed, giving a beautiful texture, complimenting the rotala, which will be an explosion of colour when it fills out.

Good luck with the future of this mate, I'm sure it'll be something special :D

cheers Whitey, i choose bogwood for a bit of a change, i was looking at some of Amanos early scapes and it was mainly big bulky bogwood used, and for me they looked great. I love Manzy and Readmoor also, but my previous scapes used both. I'm keeping this in the Island style, hopefully once the grass fills in it should look OK. Thanks for the comment mate.

ianho said:
cheers Whitey, i choose bogwood for a bit of a change, i was looking at some of Amanos early scapes and it was mainly big bulky bogwood used, and for me they looked great. I love Manzy and Readmoor also, but my previous scapes used both. I'm keeping this in the Island style, hopefully once the grass fills in it should look OK. Thanks for the comment mate.

Completely understand and respect your choice for choosing something different.
I'm sure you'll change my perception of the hardscape material with your amazing growing and planting skills.

:thumbup:

Back