• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mail order plants

brodnig

Just a quick one...

I ordered some crypts from Aqua Essentials the other day and, thanks to their prompt delivery, I've been a bit caught out and the parcel has gone to the Post Office. I won't be able to pick it up til Saturday, do folk reckon the plants will be OK left til then before planting?

Ta,

B

It's a big ask but the good thing about crypts is the amount if energy stored in their roots. This allows then to last out of water for quite some time. Crypts love to melt away after the smallest of environment changes which is why some people immediately cut them down to the substrate straight after planting. When you do collect them from the PO, if the leaves are a mess but the roots are still nice and white, simply cut the leaves off and plant the roots, they should be fine :)

Thanks for the advice guys. I will do my best to get there before Saturday but work is so busy the now that it's a big ask.

Thanks again

Back