• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feeding black phantom

Ziabis

I have had this fellow for 2 years but had more fish in the tank and he ate.

But I swear I never see him eat any more and for like a year...

What is up? How can I get him to eat?

I am using flakes and bloodwurms...

Must be eating something otherwise they'd die within a very short time frame, I'd not be worried, though I suspect being a single tetra they'd be happier with a few more of the same around for company.

Yes I plan to get some more. But since this is a 6 day old planted tank I figured I should wait?????The tank was running for 2 years...

Here is the BIG question... What do you really recomend for fish. I was thinking of course a female phantom.
Some neon or cardinal tetra, maybe some danios? WHAT ELSE and do these work well together. Also nothing to hard to take care of...

Should I WAIT for any time to pass, before introducing new fishies?

In all honesty, any shoaling fish is better in groups of 5,6 or more. They really prefer larger groups, and I doubt for the most part many care if the group is male and female and how you tell when buying most of them is hard if not impossible. Fish aren't often like humans with a 2-person relationship.

Here is the BIG question... What do you really recomend for fish. I was thinking of course a female phantom.
Some neon or cardinal tetra, maybe some danios? WHAT ELSE and do these work well together. Also nothing to hard to take care of...Platties and or swords?

Should I WAIT for any time to pass, before introducing new fishies?

Back