• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Chocolate Puddle - quick update with video pg 17

shut mouth!

Re: A Chocolate Puddle - pic update

Fricking awesome dude.. it totally rocks..

You should actually put this sort of tank on display, on a shopping center, doctors office, or on a shop.. this has to be shared.. Can you do an hour long movie?

One of my favorites.

Amazing work Al. You deserve a beauty like this after all that hardship you went through at it`s initial inception! ;)

This is just spectacular!

I'd love to see a red species of lily in there. You can really emphasize floating plants in a tank like this.

By far the best example of this style of tank.

I love it Alistair. It looks so clean!

Tom and yourself have hopefully started a trend for big shallow square tanks, with jungles growing out of them :)

I'm all for it and hope to see more. Who's next???

Cheers

Gavin

This is cosmic! Really really good.

A quick question, sorry if its been answered, but how much evaporation do you experience?
My 2 footer evaporates so fast you'd think it's leaking!

jaw_dropping_butch.jpg

Amazing work ! Inspiration m8 :)

Mark Evans said:
This is just spectacular!

I'd love to see a red species of lily in there. You can really emphasize floating plants in a tank like this.

By far the best example of this style of tank.

wow :wideyed: thanks Mark, coming from you mate thats really really given me a massive boost thanks :p

ghostsword said:
Fricking awesome dude.. it totally rocks..

You should actually put this sort of tank on display, on a shopping center, doctors office, or on a shop.. this has to be shared.. Can you do an hour long movie?

One of my favorites.

Thanks luis, now im going bigger im actually thinking of donating this to a local aquatic store near me unless i put it up for sale on here before hand.

Quetzalcoatl said:
Amazing work Al. You deserve a beauty like this after all that hardship you went through at it`s initial inception! ;)

Thanks matey, means alot that bud hope your ok

Gfish said:
I love it Alistair. It looks so clean!

Tom and yourself have hopefully started a trend for big shallow square tanks, with jungles growing out of them :)

I'm all for it and hope to see more. Who's next???

Cheers

Gavin
hanks Gavin. it was alllllllll Toms fault i have this in my dining room but im not complaining. im amazed by whats been acieved with very little intervention from me, just goes to show what can be done when its left to look after itself. Im hooked.

whatok said:
This is cosmic! Really really good.

A quick question, sorry if its been answered, but how much evaporation do you experience?
My 2 footer evaporates so fast you'd think it's leaking!

Hey Whatok, no its not been answered lol, or asked before you. with it being such a wide tank the level doesnt appear to drop too much but id say around ten litres of eveaporation a week or more if i have the heating on alot. I just add 2 litres back each morning to prevent any big changes in water parameters.

foxfish said:
Good point, another reason for you to have your next tank drilled & fit a sump Alistair. :)

you keep dropping hints at me to try a sump ha ha, on my next one i might just try it as its going to be a monster.

will update a little with pics from today shortly :thumbup:

Murf said:
jaw_dropping_butch.jpg

Amazing work ! Inspiration m8 :)

Ha ha Thanks Murf :D

ok so heres a pretty big pic update of how the tank is looking as of tonight.......
flowering Antherium.....
8122340269_484634fca2_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

8122204072_119b19e4c0_b.jpg

8122205358_286b8dc475_b.jpg

some emmersed marsiliea Hirsulata and H. Leucocephelia

8122050428_372bc8de13_b.jpg

A few inhabitants......

8122032489_7f6112459f_b.jpg

8122030903_3cf58a4e0f_b.jpg

8122646900_5c17f04779_b.jpg

and the tank
8122045198_bde9f17a9e_b.jpg

8122030013_c87af33991_b.jpg

8122046202_2aa8fe48df_b.jpg

not sure why the pictures havent come through very clear on the tanks as they were crystal on my phone when uploading to flickr hmmmmmmmmmm.....anyone???

im really chuffed with this tank, and hope when ive built the stand for the bigger puddle i can do equally as good... so there maybe an for sale ad going up for this tank stand filter and light pretty soon once everything else is built. thanks everyone

Truely an amazing tank :clap:
Everything looks in excellent health.
Looking forward to the next one.
Cheerio
Ady

Re: A Chocolate Puddle - pic update pg 20

that's perfect, it really is. You have even hit the rule of two thirds with the gap of the plants. Excellent pics of the shrimp as well.

you must be really proud of this mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back